The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls and assigned female at birth From Illinois
There are many camps for troubled girls and assigned female at birth located in or around Illinois, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else. Parents searching for a camp for troubled girls and assigned female at birth from Illinois should consider Solstice as an alternative option.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and assigned female at birth and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls and assigned female at birth from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides their the opportunity to monitor their progression and see how much further they have to go, while also inspiring their to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls and assigned female at birth from all over the country including Illinois.
Sending your child away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for their and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives their the space they needs to work through their challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your child start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your child has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Illinois who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your child outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your child not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when they returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls and assigned female at birth suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your child move forward.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Illinois teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Social Isolation
– Body Image Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Self Harm
Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls and assigned female at birth from Illinois?
Summer camp might sound fun, but Solstice is more than just a relaxing few weeks away from your home in Illinoisit’s a transformative experience that can change your daughter’s life for the better.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
While your child is enjoying all the traditional excursions of an ordinary summer camp, they will be guided by qualified, dedicated and passionate therapists who can help their overcome daily obstacles, which will allow their to return home with better means of managing the stresses of everyday life. Many of our girls and assigned female at birth have significant traumas that we help them overcome during their stays, thanks to this same talented staff of counselors and therapists.
Furthermore, Solstice’s accredited academic curriculum assures that our students don’t miss a beat in their education while staying with us. Many of our students are college bound, and we provide them with college preparations, including tutoring for the ACTs and SATs, that they wouldn’t be able to get in a traditional camp.
Research has shown that the most important factor in bringing about lasting change is whether or not the parents are involved in the treatment process. Therefore, we highly encourage families to not only to stay up-to-date with their daughter’s journey, but to partake in their own journey of personal growth, as well.
Along with regular phone and video calls, we also host family weekends, where parents from Illinois and all over the country can come visit their children and see their development in person. For families who are even more eager to be involved, on-site multi-day seminars are available. Many parents have referenced these seminars as turning points in their lives, and in their relationships with their daughters.
It’s easy to talk about change, but we want to see results. By involving a girl’s family in every step of their journey, we can make sure that parents are growing with their child, and that happy, healthy and emotionally fulfilling familial relationships will ensue as a result.
Resources for Illinois Families Seeking Help
NIMH: The National Institute of Mental Health is an agency that conducts research on mental disorders, and seeks to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses. The site lists information such as statistics about mental health, and scientific studies on various conditions. Furthermore, it provides news about advancements in mental health medical treatments and procedures.
WHO: The World Health Organization is a global effort to educate, further our understanding of, and fight various medical conditions. The organization works within the United Nations system to create and stabilize global health systems and help improve preparedness, surveillance and response in nations around the world. The site also hosts academic publications about the medical field, including mental health.
Solstice helps Illinois families from:
Some examples of cities from Illinois which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Chicago Aurora Rockford Joliet Naperville Springfield Peoria Elgin Waukegan Champaign Cicero town Bloomington Arlington Heights village Evanston Schaumburg village Bolingbrook village Decatur Palatine village Skokie village Des Plaines Orland Park village Tinley Park village Oak Lawn village Berwyn Mount Prospect village Normal town Wheaton Hoffman Estates village Oak Park village
Solstice Helps Families From Illinois
- Putting the Pieces Back Together: Helping Your Child through the Effects of Trauma in TeensChildhood is arguably the most impactful stage in one’s life. Early interactions and experiences help to shape the brains of young children. Building a healthy brain early on in a child’s life is important because it provides a strong foundation and increases the likelihood of a positive adulthood experience. However... Read more »
- Does Smartphone Addiction Lead to Depression or Vice Versa?For many teen girls a typical day looks something like this: wake up, roll over and check her phone, scroll through social media while she’s getting ready for school, text friends on their way to class, check out some TikTok videos during lunch break, catch up on anything she missed... Read more »
- Suicidal Ideation in Teens: Knowing the SignsThe adolescent years can be especially challenging for teens. Their bodies are changing at a rapid rate and they have to deal with new emotional behaviors as their brains continue to develop. In addition to the physical and mental changes, they are also experiencing changes in peer dynamics. Friendships may... Read more »