Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls from Kentucky?
Summer camp might sound fun, but Solstice is more than just a relaxing few weeks away from your home in Kentuckyit’s a transformative experience that can change your daughter’s life for the better.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
While your daughter is enjoying all the traditional excursions of an ordinary summer camp, she will be guided by qualified, dedicated and passionate therapists who can help her overcome daily obstacles, which will allow her to return home with better means of managing the stresses of everyday life. Many of our girls have significant traumas that we help them overcome during their stays, thanks to this same talented staff of counselors and therapists.
Furthermore, Solstice’s accredited academic curriculum assures that our students don’t miss a beat in their education while staying with us. Many of our students are college bound, and we provide them with college preparations, including tutoring for the ACTs and SATs, that they wouldn’t be able to get in a traditional camp.
Research has shown that the most important factor in bringing about lasting change is whether or not the parents are involved in the treatment process. Therefore, we highly encourage families to not only to stay up-to-date with their daughter’s journey, but to partake in their own journey of personal growth, as well.
Along with regular phone and video calls, we also host family weekends, where parents from Kentucky and all over the country can come visit their daughters and see their development in person. For families who are even more eager to be involved, on-site multi-day seminars are available. Many parents have referenced these seminars as turning points in their lives, and in their relationships with their daughters.
It’s easy to talk about change, but we want to see results. By involving a girl’s family in every step of her journey, we can make sure that parents are growing with their child, and that happy, healthy and emotionally fulfilling familial relationships will ensue as a result.
The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls From Kentucky
There are many camps for troubled girls located in or around Kentucky, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides her the opportunity to monitor her progression and see how much further she has to go, while also inspiring her to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including Kentucky.
Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your daughter start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your daughter has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Kentucky who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your daughter outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your daughter not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when she returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your daughter move forward.
Resources for Kentucky Families Seeking Help
Medline Plus: Medline Plus is the website designed for the patients of the National Institutes of Health. It is the world’s largest medical library, containing information on diseases, conditions, and wellness issues, including those related to mental health. It boasts a thorough and up-to-date database of thousands of medical conditions, and has them neatly categorized by type.
Mental Health America: This site is the official website for Mental Health America (MHA), which is the nation’s leading nonprofit addressing the needs of those living with mental health issues. The site offers screening tools for visitors to determine if they might need to seek professional help for a mental illness, sources for people to seek help and provides educational materials on various conditions.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Kentucky teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Social Isolation
– Self Harm
– Body Image Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
Solstice helps Kentucky families from:
Some examples of cities from Kentucky which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Louisville Lexington Bowling Green Owensboro Union
Solstice Helps Families From Kentucky
- New Study Sheds Light on Help for Post-Traumatic Stress in TeensWhile help for post-traumatic stress in teens is becoming more accessible, there’s still much we don’t understand about the disorder and how it works. In a new study, researchers believe they’ve discovered why some people develop PTSD and others don’t: molecular changes. There’s been research on how our genes and... Read more »
- Risky Teen Behaviors: Differences Between Positive and Negative RisksThe teenage years are the years in which one develops the desire to fit in. This desire may come with a high cost. During the adolescent years, opportunity and risk seem all the more appealing. A maturational imbalance may prevent teens from good decision-making during this period in their lives... Read more »
- College Prepared: Solstice Students Earn Higher Scores Across the BoardAt Solstice, education is a huge part of our programming. We understand that most of the girls that come in our doors are college-bound; therefore, we strive to provide them with excellent academic opportunities. We’ve looked at the last five years of ACT scores from Solstice students and compared it... Read more »