The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls From Oklahoma
There are many camps for troubled girls located in or around Oklahoma, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides her the opportunity to monitor her progression and see how much further she has to go, while also inspiring her to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including Oklahoma.
Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your daughter start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your daughter has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Oklahoma who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your daughter outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your daughter not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when she returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your daughter move forward.
Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls from Oklahoma?
Solstice offers our students the best of both worlds. While we have a wide range of fun outdoor activities for our girls to partake in, such as hiking, horsemanship and camping, those activities will be used as the foundation in lessons of personal growth, holistic healing, and overcoming trauma and depression.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Traditional summer camps in Oklahoma don’t offer the wide range of therapeutic care that Solstice offers its students. Along with our outdoor excursions, our girls also benefit from multiple different types of therapy:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Psychiatric counseling
We believe that a holistic approach to healing is the most effective way of creating lasting change for our students. Our different counseling opportunities allow us to not only create the most individualized approach for your daughter’s needs, but also make sure that she is receiving treatment for her body as well as her mind.
Amidst the fun and healing, academics won’t be forgotten. In keeping with our holistic approach to healing, we offer classes in the arts, PE and traditional school subjects so that your daughter won’t be left behind when she returns to school in Oklahoma.
Our mission is to prepare your daughter for her future outside Solstice, and that includes preparing her for college. We offer a solid academic plan that meets college admissions criteria. In fact, our students’ average ACT scores are higher than the national average!
You can rest well knowing that your daughter is in good hands emotionally, as well as academically.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Oklahoma teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Self Harm
Resources for Oklahoma Families Seeking Help
Mental Health First Aid: Mental Health First Aid is an eight-hour course that teaches participants how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. The program has educated over 1 million people across the country, and boasts 11,800 instructors. The site also offers news about mental health advancements and topics of interest.
Mental Help: This site is dedicated to providing users online with mental health and wellness education. The site’s services are free, and intended for professionals as well as patients and families of patients. Along with posting blogs and podcasts, there is also a news section that highlights the most recent medical advancements and newly published studies for mental health.
Solstice Helps Families From Oklahoma
Solstice helps Oklahoma families from cities and towns like: Nichols Hills Edmond Goldsby Forest Park Piedmont Jenks Bixby Newcastle Blanchard Dickson
Solstice helps Oklahoma families from:
- Risky Teen Behaviors: Differences Between Positive and Negative RisksThe teenage years are the years in which one develops the desire to fit in. This desire may come with a high cost. During the adolescent years, opportunity and risk seem all the more appealing. A maturational imbalance may prevent teens from good decision-making during this period in their lives... Read more »
- Snapchat Addiction: The Darkside of a Popular Worldwide AppSnapchat is just about on every teenager’s smartphone. It’s one of the most used apps in the world, competing with other major companies like Instagram and Facebook. A downside has begun to become apparent, though, as this app continues to increase in popularity: Snapchat addiction. This may be the moment... Read more »
- Alumni Event Brings Former Students And Families Back To SolsticeFirst Annual Alumni Event Reinforces the Importance Of Solstice In Lives Of Students Solstice West held their First Annual Alumni Event on July 28th & 29th, 2017. This event was held in conjunction with the Parent Seminar. Over 20 Alumni and their families came to this event. Over the event’s two days, alumni... Read more »