The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls and assigned female at birth From Oregon
There are many options for a camp for troubled girls and assigned female at birth located in or around Oregon, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and assigned female at birth and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls and assigned female at birth from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides their the opportunity to monitor their progression and see how much further they have to go, while also inspiring their to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls and assigned female at birth from all over the country including Oregon.
Sending your child away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for their and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives their the space they needs to work through their challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your child start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your child has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Oregon who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your child outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your child not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when they returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls and assigned female at birth suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your child move forward.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Oregon teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls and assigned female at birth from Oregon?
Solstice offers our students the best of both worlds. While we have a wide range of fun outdoor activities for our girls and assigned female at birth to partake in, such as hiking, horsemanship and camping, those activities will be used as the foundation in lessons of personal growth, holistic healing, and overcoming trauma and depression.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Traditional summer camps in Oregon don’t offer the wide range of therapeutic care that Solstice offers its students. Along with our outdoor excursions, our girls and assigned female at birth also benefit from multiple different types of therapy:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Psychiatric counseling
We believe that a holistic approach to healing is the most effective way of creating lasting change for our students. Our different counseling opportunities allow us to not only create the most individualized approach for your daughter’s needs, but also make sure that they are receiving treatment for their body as well as their mind.
Amidst the fun and healing, academics won’t be forgotten. In keeping with our holistic approach to healing, we offer classes in the arts, PE and traditional school subjects so that your child won’t be left behind when they returns to school in Oregon.
Our mission is to prepare your child for their future outside Solstice, and that includes preparing their for college. We offer a solid academic plan that meets college admissions criteria. In fact, our students’ average ACT scores are higher than the national average!
You can rest well knowing that your child is in good hands emotionally, as well as academically.
Resources for Oregon Families Seeking Help
Mental Help: This site is dedicated to providing users online with mental health and wellness education. The site’s services are free, and intended for professionals as well as patients and families of patients. Along with posting blogs and podcasts, there is also a news section that highlights the most recent medical advancements and newly published studies for mental health.
CDC: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention is a government organization with a mental health branch. The CDC spans across specific demographics and settings, and supports the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Their site offers educational materials on mental health as well as data and statistics.
Solstice helps Oregon families from:
Some examples of cities from Oregon which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Portland Salem Eugene Gresham Hillsboro Beaverton Bend Medford Springfield Corvallis Albany Tigard
Solstice Helps Families From Oregon
- Shyness or Social Anxiety in Teens? Symptoms and TriggersAdolescence is filled with new experiences and challenges. Teen girls are going through physical and emotional changes and puberty starts and social dynamics begin to shift. With all these changes, it is easy to see how young women may feel uncomfortable or shy in these new situations. Friend groups may... Read more »
- Sensory Processing Issues After Traumatic EventsWhen we talk about trauma, a car accident or the death of a loved one may be the first thing that comes into many people’s minds. But trauma can be small events as well as large ones. Being expelled from a friend group can be traumatic for a teenager. Experiencing... Read more »
- Top 5 Reasons Teens Benefit from RTCsAdolescence is a challenging time for most teens. Their bodies and hormones are rapidly changing, and even their brains are going through new development. There is also the additional challenge of changing social dynamics as friendships begin to hold more importance than family relationships. Young women are beginning to figure... Read more »