Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls from Rhode Island?
Solstice offers our students the best of both worlds. While we have a wide range of fun outdoor activities for our girls to partake in, such as hiking, horsemanship and camping, those activities will be used as the foundation in lessons of personal growth, holistic healing, and overcoming trauma and depression.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Traditional summer camps in Rhode Island don’t offer the wide range of therapeutic care that Solstice offers its students. Along with our outdoor excursions, our girls also benefit from multiple different types of therapy:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Psychiatric counseling
We believe that a holistic approach to healing is the most effective way of creating lasting change for our students. Our different counseling opportunities allow us to not only create the most individualized approach for your daughter’s needs, but also make sure that she is receiving treatment for her body as well as her mind.
Amidst the fun and healing, academics won’t be forgotten. In keeping with our holistic approach to healing, we offer classes in the arts, PE and traditional school subjects so that your daughter won’t be left behind when she returns to school in Rhode Island.
Our mission is to prepare your daughter for her future outside Solstice, and that includes preparing her for college. We offer a solid academic plan that meets college admissions criteria. In fact, our students’ average ACT scores are higher than the national average!
You can rest well knowing that your daughter is in good hands emotionally, as well as academically.
The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls From Rhode Island
There are many camps for troubled girls located in or around Rhode Island, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides her the opportunity to monitor her progression and see how much further she has to go, while also inspiring her to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including Rhode Island.
Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your daughter start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your daughter has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Rhode Island who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your daughter outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your daughter not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when she returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your daughter move forward.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Rhode Island teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Self Harm
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Body Image Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
Resources for Rhode Island Families Seeking Help
WHO: The World Health Organization is a global effort to educate, further our understanding of, and fight various medical conditions. The organization works within the United Nations system to create and stabilize global health systems and help improve preparedness, surveillance and response in nations around the world. The site also hosts academic publications about the medical field, including mental health.
Mental Health First Aid: Mental Health First Aid is an eight-hour course that teaches participants how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. The program has educated over 1 million people across the country, and boasts 11,800 instructors. The site also offers news about mental health advancements and topics of interest.
Solstice helps Rhode Island families from:
Some examples of cities from Rhode Island which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Providence Warwick Cranston Pawtucket Jamestown
Solstice Helps Families From Rhode Island
- Hidden Brain: Ways Childhood Trauma Affects Us for LifeWhether you remember your childhood or not, it has shaped the person you are today. Good and bad experiences knit together to form the foundational basis for how you act, make decisions, and grow into adulthood. Childhood trauma can take a child’s future down a dark path if not properly... Read more »
- Father-Daughter Trip to Moab Brings Families Closer TogetherWhat happened when seven boisterous dads & daughters joined with a team of creative & committed folks from Solstice RTC West and Aspect Adventure in Moab for a three day Father-Child Retreat this last September? My Answer: Nothing Short of Magic. Not the Copperfield stuff nor the “warm fuzzy” of hallmark cards &... Read more »
- New Study Sheds Light on Help for Post-Traumatic Stress in TeensWhile help for post-traumatic stress in teens is becoming more accessible, there’s still much we don’t understand about the disorder and how it works. In a new study, researchers believe they’ve discovered why some people develop PTSD and others don’t: molecular changes. There’s been research on how our genes and... Read more »