The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls and assigned female at birth From South Carolina
There are many choices for a camp for troubled girls and assigned female at birth located in or around South Carolina, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and assigned female at birth and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls and assigned female at birth from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides their the opportunity to monitor their progression and see how much further they have to go, while also inspiring their to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls and assigned female at birth from all over the country including South Carolina.
Sending your child away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for their and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives their the space they needs to work through their challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your child start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your child has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of South Carolina who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your child outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your child not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when they returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls and assigned female at birth suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your child move forward.
Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls and assigned female at birth from South Carolina?
Solstice offers our students the best of both worlds. While we have a wide range of fun outdoor activities for our girls and assigned female at birth to partake in, such as hiking, horsemanship and camping, those activities will be used as the foundation in lessons of personal growth, holistic healing, and overcoming trauma and depression.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Traditional summer camps in South Carolina don’t offer the wide range of therapeutic care that Solstice offers its students. Along with our outdoor excursions, our girls and assigned female at birth also benefit from multiple different types of therapy:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Psychiatric counseling
We believe that a holistic approach to healing is the most effective way of creating lasting change for our students. Our different counseling opportunities allow us to not only create the most individualized approach for your daughter’s needs, but also make sure that they are receiving treatment for their body as well as their mind.
Amidst the fun and healing, academics won’t be forgotten. In keeping with our holistic approach to healing, we offer classes in the arts, PE and traditional school subjects so that your child won’t be left behind when they returns to school in South Carolina.
Our mission is to prepare your child for their future outside Solstice, and that includes preparing their for college. We offer a solid academic plan that meets college admissions criteria. In fact, our students’ average ACT scores are higher than the national average!
You can rest well knowing that your child is in good hands emotionally, as well as academically.
Resources for South Carolina Families Seeking Help
CDC: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention is a government organization with a mental health branch. The CDC spans across specific demographics and settings, and supports the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Their site offers educational materials on mental health as well as data and statistics.
WHO: The World Health Organization is a global effort to educate, further our understanding of, and fight various medical conditions. The organization works within the United Nations system to create and stabilize global health systems and help improve preparedness, surveillance and response in nations around the world. The site also hosts academic publications about the medical field, including mental health.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps South Carolina teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Isolation
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Disordered Eating
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Solstice Helps Families From South Carolina
Solstice helps South Carolina families from cities and towns like: Sullivans Island Kiawah Island Isle of Palms Folly Beach Seabrook Island Meggett Mount Pleasant Hilton Head Island Awendaw Edisto Beach
Solstice helps South Carolina families from:
- Therapy for Adopted KidsEvery adopted child is unique and has the potential to flourish in a loving home. However, because of the nature of adoption, there are several potential challenges that many adoptive parents will need to be prepared to confront. These include the aftereffects of trauma or neglect, feelings of abandonment, questions... Read more »
- Overcoming Shame: How to Accept Your PastShame is a complicated emotion and one we all have dealt with at one time or another. Shame comes from feeling powerless and frustrated. For people who experience shame linked to trauma, it is a continued shock at the realization that this terrible thing actually happened to them. Sometimes, people... Read more »
- How to Navigate Family Conflict Without BlameConflict happens in every family. And while it is completely normal, it is important to deal with conflict in a healthy way. If you find that your conversations around family issues lead to yelling or slamming doors, it may be time to evaluate your communication methods. Talking in circles or... Read more »