An Alternative To Camp For Troubled Girls From Utah: What Makes Solstice Unique ?
One of the top reasons that your daughter will have a better experience at Solstice than a camp for troubled girls from Utah is our devotion to promoting happy and healthy relationships.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Your daughter’s healing won’t be complete unless she has a group of positive, supportive friends, family, and guardians around her. Therefore, her lessons in relationships begin with our staff. We hire only the best of the best to care for and treat our girls since we want our students to grow to trust and love our counselors like family.
It’s important to us that your daughter develop friendships with her peers as well. Through our adventure therapy program, group therapy, and extracurricular activities, our girls often form long-lasting bonds that persist even after returning to their hometowns in Utah.
Finally, we want to help your family heal old wounds and move towards a happy future together. We involve families every step of the way in our students’ journeys, as we know that the most important component in your daughter’s healing process will be the involvement and cooperation of her family.
Lessons don’t need to be taught indoors. In fact, some of our students’ best learning experiences happen during their outdoor excursions. During adventure therapy sessions, your daughter will learn valuable and entertaining outdoor recreation skills she might not get to experience in Utah, such as:
- alpine skiing and snowboarding
- cross country skiing
- rock climbing
- canoeing and kayaking
- white water rafting
These activities might be common enough in ordinary camps for troubled girls, but Solstice turns each activity into a constructive life lesson. Often these activities force girls out of their comfort zones, allowing them to address their anxieties, build self-confidence and develop strong ties with other girls.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Utah teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Body Image Issues
The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls From Utah
There are many camps for troubled girls located in or around Utah, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides her the opportunity to monitor her progression and see how much further she has to go, while also inspiring her to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including Utah.
Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your daughter start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your daughter has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Utah who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your daughter outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your daughter not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when she returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your daughter move forward.
Resources for Utah Families Seeking Help
NIMH: The National Institute of Mental Health is an agency that conducts research on mental disorders, and seeks to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses. The site lists information such as statistics about mental health, and scientific studies on various conditions. Furthermore, it provides news about advancements in mental health medical treatments and procedures.
MentalHealth.gov: Mental Health is a trustworthy place to find up-to-date U.S. government mental health and mental health problem information. The site has basic information about various mental illnesses, signs for people to look out for in themselves and their loved ones, and advice for those suffering and sources to get help.
Solstice Helps Families From Utah
Solstice helps Utah families from cities and towns like: Park City Granite Alpine Little Cottonwood Creek Valley Mount Olympus Highland Bluffdale Midway Draper Holladay
Solstice helps Utah families from:
Some examples of cities from Utah which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Salt Lake City West Valley Provo West Jordan Orem Sandy Ogden St. George Layton South Jordan Taylorsville Lehi
- When Teens Refusing School Has More to Do with Anxiety Than RebellionTeens refusing school isn’t exactly a new thing–ever since school began, teens have been trying to get out of it by feigning sickness or skipping class. But what about when the reason behind teens refusing school is more malignant than not wanting to sit through an hour and a half... Read more »
- Alumni Event Brings Former Students And Families Back To SolsticeFirst Annual Alumni Event Reinforces the Importance Of Solstice In Lives Of Students Solstice West held their First Annual Alumni Event on July 28th & 29th, 2017. This event was held in conjunction with the Parent Seminar. Over 20 Alumni and their families came to this event. Over the event’s two days, alumni... Read more »
- Chronic Stress in Teens: More Likely In Girls After TraumaAs children grow into adults, it’s important to learn how to cope with adversity–it’s actually an essential skill to living a happy, healthy life. When something stressful happens, our body increases our body’s blood pressure, heart rate, and stress hormones. When this happens to an adolescent, it can either be... Read more »