The Solstice Difference: Choosing Solstice Over Camps For Troubled Girls From Virginia
There are many camps for troubled girls located in or around Virginia, but the Solstice experience isn’t one you’ll find anywhere else.
What makes Solstice so special?
- Gender Specific: Girls and boys have different needs, so why shouldn’t they be treated separately? Our program boasts better results due to our gender specific treatment plans.
- Focus on Internal to External Change: There’s a difference between compliance and real change. Our program focuses on healing our girls from the inside out so they will comply because they want to, not because they feel they have to.
- Intensive Hiring Process: We only hire only the most highly qualified and passionate people to join our team and take on the task of caring for our girls.
- Family-Centered Approach: It’s not enough to just care for our studentswe want to help heal their families, too, and provide tools for building and maintaining healthy relationships going forward.
- Privately owned: Our facility is run by owners who care strongly and deeply for their cause.
- Hero’s Journey: Your daughter’s experience at Solstice is designed to mirror the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which provides her the opportunity to monitor her progression and see how much further she has to go, while also inspiring her to reach the ending.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including Virginia.
Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
The unique experience we offer our students makes us stand out, and will not only help your daughter start to heal, but create lasting memories and close relationships as well.
Treatment for Trauma
If your daughter has suffered a traumatic event, Solstice is a great alternative for residents of Virginia who are seeking a summer camp for troubled girls. We are one of the leading trauma treatment programs in the country, and offer therapy for traumas of all types, big and small.
Unfortunately, traditional counselors might not be able to help your daughter outside a clinical setting, such as during school or partaking in other daily activitieswhen she’ll be likely to need guidance the most. The benefit of Solstice is that our counselors are always present to help your daughter not only learn research-backed coping mechanisms, but practice them in real-life settings that she’ll be likely to encounter when she returns home.
Furthermore, we understand that not all traumas are alike. Many of our students have suffered great tragedies, and we’re prepared to help. However, many girls suffer painfully from smaller traumas due to heightened sensitivity or susceptibility to these events. Our team is trained to recognize the signs of trauma, (even if such instances would not be categorized as trauma, historically), and help your daughter move forward.
An Alternative To Camp For Troubled Girls From Virginia: What Makes Solstice Unique ?
One of the top reasons that your daughter will have a better experience at Solstice than a camp for troubled girls from Virginia is our devotion to promoting happy and healthy relationships.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Your daughter’s healing won’t be complete unless she has a group of positive, supportive friends, family, and guardians around her. Therefore, her lessons in relationships begin with our staff. We hire only the best of the best to care for and treat our girls since we want our students to grow to trust and love our counselors like family.
It’s important to us that your daughter develop friendships with her peers as well. Through our adventure therapy program, group therapy, and extracurricular activities, our girls often form long-lasting bonds that persist even after returning to their hometowns in Virginia.
Finally, we want to help your family heal old wounds and move towards a happy future together. We involve families every step of the way in our students’ journeys, as we know that the most important component in your daughter’s healing process will be the involvement and cooperation of her family.
Lessons don’t need to be taught indoors. In fact, some of our students’ best learning experiences happen during their outdoor excursions. During adventure therapy sessions, your daughter will learn valuable and entertaining outdoor recreation skills she might not get to experience in Virginia, such as:
- alpine skiing and snowboarding
- cross country skiing
- rock climbing
- canoeing and kayaking
- white water rafting
These activities might be common enough in ordinary camps for troubled girls, but Solstice turns each activity into a constructive life lesson. Often these activities force girls out of their comfort zones, allowing them to address their anxieties, build self-confidence and develop strong ties with other girls.
Resources for Virginia Families Seeking Help
Mental Help: This site is dedicated to providing users online with mental health and wellness education. The site’s services are free, and intended for professionals as well as patients and families of patients. Along with posting blogs and podcasts, there is also a news section that highlights the most recent medical advancements and newly published studies for mental health.
NIMH: The National Institute of Mental Health is an agency that conducts research on mental disorders, and seeks to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses. The site lists information such as statistics about mental health, and scientific studies on various conditions. Furthermore, it provides news about advancements in mental health medical treatments and procedures.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Virginia teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Social Isolation
– Grief and Loss
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Solstice Helps Families From Virginia
Solstice helps Virginia families from cities and towns like: Great Falls Mc Lean Dunn Loring Oakton Vienna Waterford Fort Hunt Clifton Arlington Middleburg
Solstice helps Virginia families from:
Some examples of cities from Virginia which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Virginia Beach Norfolk Chesapeake Richmond Newport News Alexandria Hampton Roanoke Portsmouth Suffolk Lynchburg Harrisonburg
- Hidden Brain: Ways Childhood Trauma Affects Us for LifeWhether you remember your childhood or not, it has shaped the person you are today. Good and bad experiences knit together to form the foundational basis for how you act, make decisions, and grow into adulthood. Childhood trauma can take a child’s future down a dark path if not properly... Read more »
- Trauma Treatment: Understanding the Effects and Options AvailableGenerally, when someone thinks of trauma treatment, an image of an injured soldier comes to mind–this leaves out a massive set of people, though. Adolescents can most definitely experience the damaging effects of trauma after an adverse event, whether it be from a natural accident, abuse, or something else. The... Read more »
- Snapchat Addiction: The Darkside of a Popular Worldwide AppSnapchat is just about on every teenager’s smartphone. It’s one of the most used apps in the world, competing with other major companies like Instagram and Facebook. A downside has begun to become apparent, though, as this app continues to increase in popularity: Snapchat addiction. This may be the moment... Read more »