Why Should West Virginia Families Choose Solstice Over Summer Camps For Troubled Girls?
One of the key advantages Solstice has over traditional summer camps for troubled girls is our holistic approach to therapy. While you might be concerned about a few key symptoms your daughter possesses, we believe that lasting change comes from healing the whole person, and the core of her problems, rather than just handling each symptom individually.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including West Virginia. Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
A holistic approach to healing means that we focus on the mind, body and soul of the patient. This philosophy is based on a growing body of research that proves the mind and body are intertwined. Whether it is substance abuse or self-harm, our team is specially trained to approach these issues from the source, so that your daughter can begin to heal from the inside out.
Many of the girls who come to Solstice struggle with traumatic events from their pasts. We take particular care when treating our trauma patients, and utilize several research-backed therapeutic approaches, such as:
- Somatic experiencing
- Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (TF-EAP)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Gender-specific addictions treatment
This amount of trauma expertise usually isn’t available in traditional summer camps for troubled girls in West Virginia.
Historically, trauma only referred to catastrophic events, such as sexual or physical abuse, accidents or bodily injury. However, we understand that all traumas, big and small, can have a debilitating impact on our minds, especially for young girls in the midst of their developmental years.
Using our holistic approach to therapy, your daughter will receive treatment that not only helps her to cope with the depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress that her trauma has brought about, but she’ll also receive guidance and clinical support in overcoming the core of those symptoms.
Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls from West Virginia?
Solstice offers our students the best of both worlds. While we have a wide range of fun outdoor activities for our girls to partake in, such as hiking, horsemanship and camping, those activities will be used as the foundation in lessons of personal growth, holistic healing, and overcoming trauma and depression.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Traditional summer camps in West Virginia don’t offer the wide range of therapeutic care that Solstice offers its students. Along with our outdoor excursions, our girls also benefit from multiple different types of therapy:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Psychiatric counseling
We believe that a holistic approach to healing is the most effective way of creating lasting change for our students. Our different counseling opportunities allow us to not only create the most individualized approach for your daughter’s needs, but also make sure that she is receiving treatment for her body as well as her mind.
Amidst the fun and healing, academics won’t be forgotten. In keeping with our holistic approach to healing, we offer classes in the arts, PE and traditional school subjects so that your daughter won’t be left behind when she returns to school in West Virginia.
Our mission is to prepare your daughter for her future outside Solstice, and that includes preparing her for college. We offer a solid academic plan that meets college admissions criteria. In fact, our students’ average ACT scores are higher than the national average!
You can rest well knowing that your daughter is in good hands emotionally, as well as academically.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps West Virginia teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Body Image Issues
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Asperger’s Disorder
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Healthy People: Healthy People 2020 is an organization that works to provide science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of Americans. It provides tools and resources for those wishing to educate themselves further on issues of health, including mental health. Overall, the organization hopes to promote longer, healthier lives for all Americans.
NIMH: The National Institute of Mental Health is an agency that conducts research on mental disorders, and seeks to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses. The site lists information such as statistics about mental health, and scientific studies on various conditions. Furthermore, it provides news about advancements in mental health medical treatments and procedures.
Solstice Helps Families From West Virginia
Solstice helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Solstice helps West Virginia families from:
- College Prepared: Solstice Students Earn Higher Scores Across the BoardAt Solstice, education is a huge part of our programming. We understand that most of the girls that come in our doors are college-bound; therefore, we strive to provide them with excellent academic opportunities. We’ve looked at the last five years of ACT scores from Solstice students and compared it... Read more »
- Snapchat Addiction: The Darkside of a Popular Worldwide AppSnapchat is just about on every teenager’s smartphone. It’s one of the most used apps in the world, competing with other major companies like Instagram and Facebook. A downside has begun to become apparent, though, as this app continues to increase in popularity: Snapchat addiction. This may be the moment... Read more »
- Trauma Treatment: Understanding the Effects and Options AvailableGenerally, when someone thinks of trauma treatment, an image of an injured soldier comes to mind–this leaves out a massive set of people, though. Adolescents can most definitely experience the damaging effects of trauma after an adverse event, whether it be from a natural accident, abuse, or something else. The... Read more »