Why Should Wisconsin Families Choose Solstice Over Summer Camps For Troubled Girls?
One of the key advantages Solstice has over traditional summer camps for troubled girls is our holistic approach to therapy. While you might be concerned about a few key symptoms your daughter possesses, we believe that lasting change comes from healing the whole person, and the core of her problems, rather than just handling each symptom individually.
Located in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, our program helps girls from all over the country including Wisconsin. Sending your daughter away from home to receive therapeutic treatment might be the best thing you can do for her and your whole family. While at Solstice, you and your teen will have the time to refocus and strengthen your relationship. Her time away from the family gives her the space she needs to work through her challenges.
A holistic approach to healing means that we focus on the mind, body and soul of the patient. This philosophy is based on a growing body of research that proves the mind and body are intertwined. Whether it is substance abuse or self-harm, our team is specially trained to approach these issues from the source, so that your daughter can begin to heal from the inside out.
Many of the girls who come to Solstice struggle with traumatic events from their pasts. We take particular care when treating our trauma patients, and utilize several research-backed therapeutic approaches, such as:
- Somatic experiencing
- Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (TF-EAP)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Gender-specific addictions treatment
This amount of trauma expertise usually isn’t available in traditional summer camps for troubled girls in Wisconsin.
Historically, trauma only referred to catastrophic events, such as sexual or physical abuse, accidents or bodily injury. However, we understand that all traumas, big and small, can have a debilitating impact on our minds, especially for young girls in the midst of their developmental years.
Using our holistic approach to therapy, your daughter will receive treatment that not only helps her to cope with the depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress that her trauma has brought about, but she’ll also receive guidance and clinical support in overcoming the core of those symptoms.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Wisconsin teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Self Harm
– Disordered Eating
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
Why Choose Solstice Over a Summer Camp for Troubled Girls from Wisconsin?
Solstice offers our students the best of both worlds. While we have a wide range of fun outdoor activities for our girls to partake in, such as hiking, horsemanship and camping, those activities will be used as the foundation in lessons of personal growth, holistic healing, and overcoming trauma and depression.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help teens from all over the United States.
Traditional summer camps in Wisconsin don’t offer the wide range of therapeutic care that Solstice offers its students. Along with our outdoor excursions, our girls also benefit from multiple different types of therapy:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Psychiatric counseling
We believe that a holistic approach to healing is the most effective way of creating lasting change for our students. Our different counseling opportunities allow us to not only create the most individualized approach for your daughter’s needs, but also make sure that she is receiving treatment for her body as well as her mind.
Amidst the fun and healing, academics won’t be forgotten. In keeping with our holistic approach to healing, we offer classes in the arts, PE and traditional school subjects so that your daughter won’t be left behind when she returns to school in Wisconsin.
Our mission is to prepare your daughter for her future outside Solstice, and that includes preparing her for college. We offer a solid academic plan that meets college admissions criteria. In fact, our students’ average ACT scores are higher than the national average!
You can rest well knowing that your daughter is in good hands emotionally, as well as academically.
Resources for Wisconsin Families Seeking Help
Healthy People: Healthy People 2020 is an organization that works to provide science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of Americans. It provides tools and resources for those wishing to educate themselves further on issues of health, including mental health. Overall, the organization hopes to promote longer, healthier lives for all Americans.
CDC: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention is a government organization with a mental health branch. The CDC spans across specific demographics and settings, and supports the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Their site offers educational materials on mental health as well as data and statistics.
Solstice helps Wisconsin families from:
Some examples of cities from Wisconsin which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Milwaukee Madison Green Bay Kenosha Racine Appleton Waukesha Eau Claire Oshkosh Janesville West Allis La Crosse
Solstice Helps Families From Wisconsin
- Risky Teen Behaviors: Differences Between Positive and Negative RisksThe teenage years are the years in which one develops the desire to fit in. This desire may come with a high cost. During the adolescent years, opportunity and risk seem all the more appealing. A maturational imbalance may prevent teens from good decision-making during this period in their lives... Read more »
- Father-Daughter Trip to Moab Brings Families Closer TogetherWhat happened when seven boisterous dads & daughters joined with a team of creative & committed folks from Solstice RTC West and Aspect Adventure in Moab for a three day Father-Child Retreat this last September? My Answer: Nothing Short of Magic. Not the Copperfield stuff nor the “warm fuzzy” of hallmark cards &... Read more »
- Alumni Event Brings Former Students And Families Back To SolsticeFirst Annual Alumni Event Reinforces the Importance Of Solstice In Lives Of Students Solstice West held their First Annual Alumni Event on July 28th & 29th, 2017. This event was held in conjunction with the Parent Seminar. Over 20 Alumni and their families came to this event. Over the event’s two days, alumni... Read more »