Residential Programs for Troubled Youth
Residential programs for troubled youth are sometimes a necessary intervention for those with significant emotional and behavioral challenges. Entering a residential treatment facility gives teens a respite from an environment where they developed habitual negative coping skills and behaviors. When teens complete the program, however, they often return to the same challenging surroundings that caused so many issues.
Solstice, one of the leading residential programs for troubled youth, believes the transition home starts immediately upon your teen’s admission. Parental involvement and creating a structured environment are essential components to the long-term success of teens graduating from the program.
Upon admission, parents are provided essential reading materials, an outline of the transition program and aftercare process, and information about family seminars covering a variety of topics.
Solstice believes your teen daughter can succeed in her recovery. They will prepare you for the next steps after her discharge using cost-effective, researched based transition options.
These three principles are essential to successful aftercare:
- Education: Teaching effective aftercare strategies helps your family realize the significance to your teen’s long term success. Family therapy and learning experiences teach successful aftercare.
- Community: Your entire family will work with Solstice therapists to create a positive support network for your teen.
- Innovation: Your family will learn new skills and processes specifically developed for your teen’s situation.
A transition coach will work with you throughout the treatment process. Shortly after discharge, they will travel to your home and consult with you about any issues or support you need.
Your teen will arrive back home with you prepared to give them an empathetic, supportive environment necessary for their recovery. Learn more about transition support.
If you have a teen daughter between 14 and 18 struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges, please call us (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s residential program.
Teens entering residential programs for troubled youth are often in a vulnerable position where they have to face their issues away from home without the crutch of drugs or other self-harming behaviors. For their treatment to be successful, teens need to connect with caring, knowledgeable staff to create a therapeutic alliance.
As part of Solstice’s comprehensive treatment approach–including group therapy, family therapy, adventure therapy, and focus on academics–individual therapy is a key component to the healing process.
Solstice is private, welcoming community for adolescent girls age 14-18 with emotional and behavioral challenges. The treatment center is based in scenic Utah, and is currently accepting teens from every state in the country.
Focus on Individualized Therapy
What sets Solstice apart from other residential programs for troubled youth is their focus on the importance of individual therapy. As an adolescent in Solstice’s program, your teen will get the following benefits from her primary therapist:
- Individual Attention. Therapists have a caseload of only six students ensuring plenty of interactions with your teen. This is a small caseload compared to other treatment centers.
- Increased access to the therapist. Students receive a minimum of three hours weekly of individual/family therapy.
- Building strong, positive relationships. Therapists are often available outside of therapy time for your teen. They develop strong relationships while on outings, camping trips, recreation activities, or simply having a meal with your teen.
Solstice is committed to hiring the most qualified, caring staff for their team. Each staff undergoes extensive training and continuing professional development to make them highly skilled in the life-changing work they are passionate about.
If you feel your teen would benefit from residential programs for troubled youth, please call us at (866) 278-3345 or learn more about Solstice. Help for your daughter is available and just a call away.
Solstice helps teens and families from:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii,
Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts,Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi,
Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina,North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont,Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming