Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Inspire Change in Arizona Teens Using Experiential Therapies.
In the adolescent stage of development, teens learn more by doing than talking about it. This is especially true for those in residential programs for troubled youth from Arizona. Experiential therapy is a blanket term referring to a variety of engaging activities and interventions used to help personal growth and development.
Why is Experiential Therapy important?
Participating in experiential therapies reinforces the therapeutic principles taught in more traditional talk therapy. By engaging in experiential therapies, the participant learns more about their self, working with others, leadership, and emotional regulation.
Solstice, one of the best residential programs for troubled youth, knows the powerful effect experiential therapy has on the teen girls and assigned female at birth they serve.
Located on a beautiful campus in Utah, there are many opportunities for your Arizona teen to experience. Some engaging therapeutic activities include:
- Adventure Camping Trips
- White Water Rafting
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Rock Climbing
- Cultural Events
- Cooking and Art Classes
- Community Service
- Fitness Activities
- Team Building
Specially trained, caring staff run these groups with your Arizona teen’s safety and individual needs in mind. These programs will help develop a strong, positive identity for your teen while encouraging healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
In addition to experiential therapies, Solstice’s welcoming residential program offers individual and group counseling, family therapy, academic mentoring, and psychiatric services as part of their holistic approach to healing.
If you or someone you know has a teen girl or child assigned female at birth (age 14-18) struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges, the first step to recovery is contacting Solstice at (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Arizona teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Self Harm
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Isolation
Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Help Arizona Teens Get Back on Track.
Solstice, one of the top residential programs for troubled youth, has helped hundreds of adolescent girls and assigned female at birth overcome behavioral and emotional challenges. Solstice offers a private, welcoming community where teen girls and assigned female at birth aged 14-18 could find help dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, and other disorders.
This innovative facility is located in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, just twenty minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah. The log cabin style setting provides a safe, comfortable environment for young people to grow and thrive.
Solstice helps teens from all over the country including, Arizona.
Solstice uses a holistic approach including these evidence-based therapies:
- Individual Therapy During their stay, your child will be paired with with an expert therapist. Solstice believes in small caseloads and diverse interactions to foster the growth of therapeutic relationships.
- Family Therapy Restoring family connections and creating a positive support network is key to your daughter’s recovery. Solstice will educate and guide your family throughout your daughter’s treatment on creating a structured, empathetic environment.
- Group Therapy Your child will receive 12-15 hours of group therapy a week in supportive, therapeutic surroundings.
- Adventure Therapy A variety of activities including snowboarding, rock climbing, and biking provide your teen with experiential activities to bring therapeutic concepts to life.
- Psychiatric Services As part of our holistic treatment approach, psychiatric care and medication management are available if necessary.
Navigating adolescence is a difficult time for many teens. Solstice, a leading residential facility for troubled youth, will help your teen get back on the right path to become a more confident, emotionally-resilient young woman.
Please call us at (866) 278-3345 For more information on how Solstice can help your Arizona teen. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Resources for Arizona Families Seeking Help
Helpguide.org is a great resource to learn about and help people improve their general well-being. There are may topics on mental health and special articles for parents of troubled teens.
Not My Kid is a nonprofit organization created by a family dealing with their son’s substance abuse and destructive behaviors. There are many resources including warning signs and symptoms as well as preventative action.
Solstice Helps Families From Arizona
Solstice helps Arizona families from cities and towns like: Paradise Valley Carefree Cave Creek Rio Verde Sedona Scottsdale Catalina Foothills Fountain Hills Tortolita Tanque Verde
Solstice helps Arizona families from:
Some examples of cities from Arizona which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Phoenix Tucson Mesa Chandler Gilbert Glendale Scottsdale Tempe Peoria Surprise Yuma Avondale Goodyear Flagstaff Buckeye town Lake Havasu Casa Grande
- Suicidal Ideation in Teens: Knowing the SignsThe adolescent years can be especially challenging for teens. Their bodies are changing at a rapid rate and they have to deal with new emotional behaviors as their brains continue to develop. In addition to the physical and mental changes, they are also experiencing changes in peer dynamics. Friendships may... Read more »
- Underage Drinking and Depression Go Hand in HandSubstance use in teens, particularly alcohol use, is increasingly common as factors such as peer pressure, environmental influences, a desire for independence, and trying to cope with emotional issues push teens toward drinking. A 2017 youth risk behavior survey found that among high school students 30% drank some amount of... Read more »
- Top 5 Reasons Teens Benefit from RTCsAdolescence is a challenging time for most teens. Their bodies and hormones are rapidly changing, and even their brains are going through new development. There is also the additional challenge of changing social dynamics as friendships begin to hold more importance than family relationships. Young women are beginning to figure... Read more »