Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Help California Teens Get Back on Track.
Solstice, one of the top residential programs for troubled youth from California, has helped hundreds of adolescent girls and assigned female at birth overcome behavioral and emotional challenges. Solstice offers a private, welcoming community where teen girls and assigned female at birth aged 14-18 could find help dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, and other disorders.
This innovative facility is located in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, just twenty minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah. The log cabin style setting provides a safe, comfortable environment for young people to grow and thrive.
Solstice helps teens from all over the country including, California.
Solstice uses a holistic approach including these evidence-based therapies:
- Individual Therapy During their stay, your child will be paired with with an expert therapist. Solstice believes in small caseloads and diverse interactions to foster the growth of therapeutic relationships.
- Family Therapy Restoring family connections and creating a positive support network is key to your daughter’s recovery. Solstice will educate and guide your family throughout your daughter’s treatment on creating a structured, empathetic environment.
- Group Therapy Your child will receive 12-15 hours of group therapy a week in supportive, therapeutic surroundings.
- Adventure Therapy A variety of activities including snowboarding, rock climbing, and biking provide your teen with experiential activities to bring therapeutic concepts to life.
- Psychiatric Services As part of our holistic treatment approach, psychiatric care and medication management are available if necessary.
Navigating adolescence is a difficult time for many teens. Solstice, a leading residential facility for troubled youth, will help your teen get back on the right path to become a more confident, emotionally-resilient young woman.
Please call us at (866) 278-3345 For more information on how Solstice can help your California teen. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Inspire Change in California Teens Using Experiential Therapies.
In the adolescent stage of development, teens learn more by doing than talking about it. This is especially true for those in residential programs for troubled youth. Experiential therapy is a blanket term referring to a variety of engaging activities and interventions used to help personal growth and development.
Why is Experiential Therapy important?
Participating in experiential therapies reinforces the therapeutic principles taught in more traditional talk therapy. By engaging in experiential therapies, the participant learns more about their self, working with others, leadership, and emotional regulation.
Solstice, one of the best residential programs for troubled youth, knows the powerful effect experiential therapy has on the teen girls and assigned female at birth they serve.
Located on a beautiful campus in Utah, there are many opportunities for your California teen to experience. Some engaging therapeutic activities include:
- Adventure Camping Trips
- White Water Rafting
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Rock Climbing
- Cultural Events
- Cooking and Art Classes
- Community Service
- Fitness Activities
- Team Building
Specially trained, caring staff run these groups with your California teen’s safety and individual needs in mind. These programs will help develop a strong, positive identity for your teen while encouraging healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
In addition to experiential therapies, Solstice’s welcoming residential program offers individual and group counseling, family therapy, academic mentoring, and psychiatric services as part of their holistic approach to healing.
If you or someone you know has a teen girl or child assigned female at birth (age 14-18) struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges, the first step to recovery is contacting Solstice at (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Resources for California Families Seeking Help
Helpguide.org is a great resource to learn about and help people improve their general well-being. There are may topics on mental health and special articles for parents of troubled teens.
Understood.org is a collaboration of 15 nonprofit organizations to support children with learning and attention issues and their families. Using technology, access to experts, and personalized resources, they give parents to tools to unlock their child’s potential.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps California teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Disordered Eating
– Body Image Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Solstice Helps Families From California
Solstice helps California families from cities and towns like: Atherton Los Altos Hills Hillsborough Portola Valley Belvedere Rolling Hills Woodside Beverly Hills Montecito Hidden Hills
Solstice helps California families from:
Some examples of cities from California which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Los Angeles San Diego San Jose San Francisco Fresno Sacramento Long Beach Oakland Bakersfield Anaheim Santa Ana Riverside Stockton Chula Vista Irvine Fremont San Bernardino Modesto Oxnard Fontana Moreno Valley Huntington Beach Glendale Santa Clarita Garden Grove Oceanside Rancho Cucamonga Santa Rosa Ontario Elk Grove Corona Lancaster Palmdale Salinas Hayward Pomona Escondido Sunnyvale Torrance Pasadena Orange Fullerton Thousand Oaks Visalia Roseville Concord Simi Valley Santa Clara Victorville Vallejo Berkeley El Monte Downey Costa Mesa Carlsbad Inglewood Fairfield San Buenaventura (Ventura) Temecula Antioch Richmond West Covina Murrieta Norwalk Daly Burbank Santa Maria El Cajon San Mateo Rialto Clovis Jurupa Valley Compton Vista Mission Viejo South Gate Vacaville Carson Santa Monica San Marcos Hesperia Westminster Redding Santa Barbara San Leandro Chico Hawthorne Whittier Newport Beach Livermore Citrus Heights Tracy Indio Alhambra Menifee Chino Buena Park Hemet Redwood Merced Lakewood
- Does Smartphone Addiction Lead to Depression or Vice Versa?For many teen girls a typical day looks something like this: wake up, roll over and check her phone, scroll through social media while she’s getting ready for school, text friends on their way to class, check out some TikTok videos during lunch break, catch up on anything she missed... Read more »
- Sensory Processing Issues After Traumatic EventsWhen we talk about trauma, a car accident or the death of a loved one may be the first thing that comes into many people’s minds. But trauma can be small events as well as large ones. Being expelled from a friend group can be traumatic for a teenager. Experiencing... Read more »
- Shyness or Social Anxiety in Teens? Symptoms and TriggersAdolescence is filled with new experiences and challenges. Teen girls are going through physical and emotional changes and puberty starts and social dynamics begin to shift. With all these changes, it is easy to see how young women may feel uncomfortable or shy in these new situations. Friend groups may... Read more »