Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Offer DC Teens Hope
When a teen is in the midst of major depression or other emotional challenges, their view of the future can be pretty dark. They may turn to substance abuse, risky behaviors, or self injury to cope with the pain. For many of these teens, residential programs for troubled youth offer hope and a means to get back on track.
Solstice has a proven record helping DC teens restore hope and emotional balance.
Located in Utah, Solstice offers a comfortable, private environment for girls to deal with their serious challenges of adolescence. This 44-bed residential program serves teenage girls 14-18 years old with individual, group, adventure, and family therapy.
Solstice uses a dynamic approach to the healing process. This holistic approach is based on their unique Three Pillars of Change.
Relationship Based Approach Creating healthy, trusting relationships is key to positive changes in your teen. Solstice employs and trains the best staff to create a therapeutic culture focusing on the needs of clients and families.
Principle Driven Foundation True change begins not with compliance, but identifying core principles and values. By nurturing desirable qualities like love, respect, and personal responsibility, Solstice helps your teen develop positive core principles to inspire change.
Experiential Therapy Many teens learn by doing. In addition to group therapy, Solstice reinforces therapeutic principles with activities such as adventure therapy, community service, physical fitness, and recreation. This type of therapy promotes positive lifestyle changes for your DC teen.
For more information about how Solstice’s residential programs for troubled youth can help your teen, please call us at (866) 278-3345.Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps DC teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Family Dysfunction
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Self Harm
– Low Self Esteem
Individual Counseling for DC Teens in Residential Programs for Troubled Youth is a Cornerstone to Their Recovery.
Teens entering residential programs for troubled youth are often in a vulnerable position where they have to face their issues away from home without the crutch of drugs or other self-harming behaviors. For their treatment to be successful, teens need to connect with caring, knowledgeable staff to create a therapeutic alliance.
As part of Solstice’s comprehensive treatment approach–including group therapy, family therapy, adventure therapy, and focus on academics–individual therapy is a key component to the healing process.
Solstice is private, welcoming community for adolescent girls age 14-18 with emotional and behavioral challenges. The treatment center is based in scenic Utah, and is currently accepting teens from DC.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential programs for troubled youth is their focus on the importance of individual therapy. As an adolescent in Solstice’s program, your DC teen will get the following benefits from her primary therapist:
- Individual Attention. Therapists have a caseload of only six students ensuring plenty of interactions with your teen. This is a small caseload compared to other treatment centers.
- Increased access to the therapist. Students receive a minimum of three hours weekly of individual/family therapy.
- Building strong, positive relationships. Therapists are often available outside of therapy time for your teen. They develop strong relationships while on outings, camping trips, recreation activities, or simply having a meal with your teen.
Solstice is committed to hiring the most qualified, caring staff for their team. Each staff undergoes extensive training and continuing professional development to make them highly skilled in the life-changing work they are passionate about.
If you feel your teen would benefit from residential programs for troubled youth, please call us at (866) 278-3345 or learn more about Solstice. Help for your daughter is available and just a call away.
Resources for DC Families Seeking Help
Child Mind Institute is an independent, nonprofit organization helping transform the lives of children struggling with mental health and learning disorders. They offer free resources to empower parents to help children succeed in school and life.
Helpguide.org is a great resource to learn about and help people improve their general well-being. There are may topics on mental health and special articles for parents of troubled teens.
Solstice helps DC families from:
Some examples of cities from DC which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Washington
Solstice Helps Families From DC
- Risky Teen Behaviors: Differences Between Positive and Negative RisksThe teenage years are the years in which one develops the desire to fit in. This desire may come with a high cost. During the adolescent years, opportunity and risk seem all the more appealing. A maturational imbalance may prevent teens from good decision-making during this period in their lives... Read more »
- When Teens Refusing School Has More to Do with Anxiety Than RebellionTeens refusing school isn’t exactly a new thing–ever since school began, teens have been trying to get out of it by feigning sickness or skipping class. But what about when the reason behind teens refusing school is more malignant than not wanting to sit through an hour and a half... Read more »
- Hidden Brain: Ways Childhood Trauma Affects Us for LifeWhether you remember your childhood or not, it has shaped the person you are today. Good and bad experiences knit together to form the foundational basis for how you act, make decisions, and grow into adulthood. Childhood trauma can take a child’s future down a dark path if not properly... Read more »