Individual Counseling for Delaware Teens in Residential Programs for Troubled Youth is a Cornerstone to Their Recovery.
Teens entering residential programs for troubled youth are often in a vulnerable position where they have to face their issues away from home without the crutch of drugs or other self-harming behaviors. For their treatment to be successful, teens need to connect with caring, knowledgeable staff to create a therapeutic alliance.
As part of Solstice’s comprehensive treatment approach–including group therapy, family therapy, adventure therapy, and focus on academics–individual therapy is a key component to the healing process.
Solstice is private, welcoming community for adolescent girls age 14-18 with emotional and behavioral challenges. The treatment center is based in scenic Utah, and is currently accepting teens from Delaware.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential programs for troubled youth is their focus on the importance of individual therapy. As an adolescent in Solstice’s program, your Delaware teen will get the following benefits from her primary therapist:
- Individual Attention. Therapists have a caseload of only six students ensuring plenty of interactions with your teen. This is a small caseload compared to other treatment centers.
- Increased access to the therapist. Students receive a minimum of three hours weekly of individual/family therapy.
- Building strong, positive relationships. Therapists are often available outside of therapy time for your teen. They develop strong relationships while on outings, camping trips, recreation activities, or simply having a meal with your teen.
Solstice is committed to hiring the most qualified, caring staff for their team. Each staff undergoes extensive training and continuing professional development to make them highly skilled in the life-changing work they are passionate about.
If you feel your teen would benefit from residential programs for troubled youth, please call us at (866) 278-3345 or learn more about Solstice. Help for your daughter is available and just a call away.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Delaware teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Isolation
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Offer Delaware Teens Hope
When a teen is in the midst of major depression or other emotional challenges, their view of the future can be pretty dark. They may turn to substance abuse, risky behaviors, or self injury to cope with the pain. For many of these teens, residential programs for troubled youth offer hope and a means to get back on track.
Solstice has a proven record helping Delaware teens restore hope and emotional balance.
Located in Utah, Solstice offers a comfortable, private environment for girls to deal with their serious challenges of adolescence. This 44-bed residential program serves teenage girls 14-18 years old with individual, group, adventure, and family therapy.
Solstice uses a dynamic approach to the healing process. This holistic approach is based on their unique Three Pillars of Change.
Relationship Based Approach Creating healthy, trusting relationships is key to positive changes in your teen. Solstice employs and trains the best staff to create a therapeutic culture focusing on the needs of clients and families.
Principle Driven Foundation True change begins not with compliance, but identifying core principles and values. By nurturing desirable qualities like love, respect, and personal responsibility, Solstice helps your teen develop positive core principles to inspire change.
Experiential Therapy Many teens learn by doing. In addition to group therapy, Solstice reinforces therapeutic principles with activities such as adventure therapy, community service, physical fitness, and recreation. This type of therapy promotes positive lifestyle changes for your Delaware teen.
For more information about how Solstice’s residential programs for troubled youth can help your teen, please call us at (866) 278-3345.Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Resources for Delaware Families Seeking Help
Healthy Children.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics has this great article on the danger signs of teens and mental health as well as other helpful resources.
Helpguide.org is a great resource to learn about and help people improve their general well-being. There are may topics on mental health and special articles for parents of troubled teens.
Solstice Helps Families From Delaware
Solstice helps Delaware families from cities and towns like: Hockessin Townsend Bear Middletown Smyrna Newark Highland Acres Claymont Clayton Kent Acres
Solstice helps Delaware families from:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder in Teens: Everything You Need to KnowSeasonal Affective Disorder in teens is a type of depression that has a reoccurring seasonal pattern. This type of depression typically sets in during late fall or early winter. Seasonal Affective Disorder less commonly occurs in the spring and summer months. The diagnosis process for seasonal affective disorder is a... Read more »
- Risky Teen Behaviors: Differences Between Positive and Negative RisksThe teenage years are the years in which one develops the desire to fit in. This desire may come with a high cost. During the adolescent years, opportunity and risk seem all the more appealing. A maturational imbalance may prevent teens from good decision-making during this period in their lives... Read more »
- Hidden Brain: Ways Childhood Trauma Affects Us for LifeWhether you remember your childhood or not, it has shaped the person you are today. Good and bad experiences knit together to form the foundational basis for how you act, make decisions, and grow into adulthood. Childhood trauma can take a child’s future down a dark path if not properly... Read more »