Individual Counseling for Maryland Teens in Residential Programs for Troubled Youth is a Cornerstone to Their Recovery.
Teens entering residential programs for troubled youth are often in a vulnerable position where they have to face their issues away from home without the crutch of drugs or other self-harming behaviors. For their treatment to be successful, teens need to connect with caring, knowledgeable staff to create a therapeutic alliance.
As part of Solstice’s comprehensive treatment approach–including group therapy, family therapy, adventure therapy, and focus on academics–individual therapy is a key component to the healing process.
Solstice is private, welcoming community for adolescent girls age 14-18 with emotional and behavioral challenges. The treatment center is based in scenic Utah, and is currently accepting teens from Maryland.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential programs for troubled youth is their focus on the importance of individual therapy. As an adolescent in Solstice’s program, your Maryland teen will get the following benefits from her primary therapist:
- Individual Attention. Therapists have a caseload of only six students ensuring plenty of interactions with your teen. This is a small caseload compared to other treatment centers.
- Increased access to the therapist. Students receive a minimum of three hours weekly of individual/family therapy.
- Building strong, positive relationships. Therapists are often available outside of therapy time for your teen. They develop strong relationships while on outings, camping trips, recreation activities, or simply having a meal with your teen.
Solstice is committed to hiring the most qualified, caring staff for their team. Each staff undergoes extensive training and continuing professional development to make them highly skilled in the life-changing work they are passionate about.
If you feel your teen would benefit from residential programs for troubled youth, please call us at (866) 278-3345 or learn more about Solstice. Help for your daughter is available and just a call away.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Maryland teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Body Image Issues
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Grief and Loss
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Social Isolation
Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Help Maryland Teens Get Back on Track.
Solstice, one of the top residential programs for troubled youth, has helped hundreds of adolescent girls overcome behavioral and emotional challenges. Solstice offers a private, welcoming community where teen girls aged 14-18 could find help dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, and other disorders.
This innovative facility is located in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, just twenty minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah. The log cabin style setting provides a safe, comfortable environment for young women to grow and thrive.
Solstice helps teens from all over the country including, Maryland.
Solstice uses a holistic approach including these evidence-based therapies:
- Individual Therapy During her stay, your daughter will be paired with with an expert therapist. Solstice believes in small caseloads and diverse interactions to foster the growth of therapeutic relationships.
- Family Therapy Restoring family connections and creating a positive support network is key to your daughter’s recovery. Solstice will educate and guide your family throughout your daughter’s treatment on creating a structured, empathetic environment.
- Group Therapy Your daughter will receive 12-15 hours of group therapy a week in supportive, therapeutic surroundings.
- Adventure Therapy A variety of activities including snowboarding, rock climbing, and biking provide your teen with experiential activities to bring therapeutic concepts to life.
- Psychiatric Services As part of our holistic treatment approach, psychiatric care and medication management are available if necessary.
Navigating adolescence is a difficult time for many teens. Solstice, a leading residential facility for troubled youth, will help your teen get back on the right path to become a more confident, emotionally-resilient young woman.
Please call us at (866) 278-3345 For more information on how Solstice can help your Maryland teen. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Resources for Maryland Families Seeking Help
National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) provides information and a referral helpline for those struggling with eating disorders. Visitors will get information on accessing treatment and support groups. Programs are offered for those suffering with eating disorders and their families.
Anxiety and Depression Center of America (ADAA). This nonprofit organization seeks to promote public and professional awareness for anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other disorders. The ADAA is a leader in training, research, and education of anxiety/depression related disorders.
Solstice Helps Families From Maryland
Solstice helps Maryland families from cities and towns like: Chevy Chase Village Somerset Travilah Chevy Chase Terrace Chevy Chase Brookmont Cabin John Potomac Bethesda Darnestown
Solstice helps Maryland families from:
- Not Worth the Risk: Depression in TeensDepression often emerges in the adolescent years. These years are a critical developmental period. Research shows that depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide. While causes vary depending on the affected individual early life stress, such as illness, family death, separation, or traumatic events can be risk factors of... Read more »
- Treatment for Childhood Trauma: Taking The Next StepsDid you know that “trauma” effects majority of children at some point in their lives? Studies show that 60 percent of children were exposed to trauma at least once during childhood. Trauma could encompass a variety of things including: violent events; sexual trauma; witnessing a trauma that caused or could... Read more »
- Snapchat Addiction: The Darkside of a Popular Worldwide AppSnapchat is just about on every teenager’s smartphone. It’s one of the most used apps in the world, competing with other major companies like Instagram and Facebook. A downside has begun to become apparent, though, as this app continues to increase in popularity: Snapchat addiction. This may be the moment... Read more »