Residential Programs for Troubled Youth Help Mississippi Teens Get Back on Track.
Solstice, one of the top residential programs for troubled youth, has helped hundreds of adolescent girls and assigned female at birth overcome behavioral and emotional challenges. Solstice offers a private, welcoming community where teen girls and assigned female at birth aged 14-18 could find help dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, and other disorders.
This innovative facility is located in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, just twenty minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah. The log cabin style setting provides a safe, comfortable environment for young people to grow and thrive.
Solstice helps teens from all over the country including, Mississippi.
Solstice uses a holistic approach including these evidence-based therapies:
- Individual Therapy During their stay, your child will be paired with with an expert therapist. Solstice believes in small caseloads and diverse interactions to foster the growth of therapeutic relationships.
- Family Therapy Restoring family connections and creating a positive support network is key to your daughter’s recovery. Solstice will educate and guide your family throughout your daughter’s treatment on creating a structured, empathetic environment.
- Group Therapy Your child will receive 12-15 hours of group therapy a week in supportive, therapeutic surroundings.
- Adventure Therapy A variety of activities including snowboarding, rock climbing, and biking provide your teen with experiential activities to bring therapeutic concepts to life.
- Psychiatric Services As part of our holistic treatment approach, psychiatric care and medication management are available if necessary.
Navigating adolescence is a difficult time for many teens. Solstice, a leading residential facility for troubled youth, will help your teen get back on the right path to become a more confident, emotionally-resilient young woman.
Please call us at (866) 278-3345 For more information on how Solstice can help your Mississippi teen. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls.
Mississippi Teens Successfully Transition Home After Receiving Care at Residential Programs for Troubled Youth
Residential programs for troubled youth are sometimes a necessary intervention for those with significant emotional and behavioral challenges. Entering a residential treatment facility gives teens a respite from an environment where they developed habitual negative coping skills and behaviors. When teens complete the program, however, they often return to the same challenging surroundings that caused so many issues.
Solstice, one of the leading residential programs for troubled youth, believes the transition home starts immediately upon your Mississippi teen’s admission. Parental involvement and creating a structured environment are essential components to the long-term success of teens graduating from the program. Upon admission, parents are provided essential reading materials, an outline of the transition program and aftercare process, and information about family seminars covering a variety of topics.
Solstice believes your teen child can succeed in their recovery. They will prepare you for the next steps after their discharge using cost-effective, researched based transition options.
These three principles are essential to successful aftercare:
- Education: Teaching effective aftercare strategies helps your family realize the significance to your teen’s long term success. Family therapy and learning experiences teach successful aftercare.
- Community: Your entire family will work with Solstice therapists to create a positive support network for your teen.
- Innovation: Your family will learn new skills and processes specifically developed for your teen’s situation.
A transition coach will work with you throughout the treatment process. Shortly after discharge, they will travel to your home and consult with you about any issues or support you need.
Your teen will arrive back to Mississippi with you prepared to give them an empathetic, supportive environment necessary for their recovery. Learn more about transition support.
If you have a teen child between 14 and 18 struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges, please call us (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s residential program.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Mississippi teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Social Isolation
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Disordered Eating
Resources for Mississippi Families Seeking Help
Not My Kid is a nonprofit organization created by a family dealing with their son’s substance abuse and destructive behaviors. There are many resources including warning signs and symptoms as well as preventative action.
The Suicide Prevention Action Network is a nonprofit organization using public education and awareness to help prevent suicide. This resource provides authoritative information on suicide prevention.
Solstice Helps Families From Mississippi
Solstice helps Mississippi families from cities and towns like: Madison Oxford Canton Nesbit Flowood Terry Ridgeland Hernando Brandon Carriere
Solstice helps Mississippi families from:
- Getting Treatment for Depression in Teen GirlsWhile depression can occur in both genders during adolescence, teen girls and assigned female at birth are more than twice as likely to develop depression than their male counterparts. If your child is experiencing depression, it can negatively affect how they thinks, feels, and behaves, and it’s crucial to seek... Read more »
- Does Smartphone Addiction Lead to Depression or Vice Versa?For many teen girls a typical day looks something like this: wake up, roll over and check her phone, scroll through social media while she’s getting ready for school, text friends on their way to class, check out some TikTok videos during lunch break, catch up on anything she missed... Read more »
- Starting the New Year Strong: Mindfulness Practices for A Fresh StartAfter all of the challenges, heartache, and nonstop stream of negativity that 2020 brought to our world, 2021 presents an opportunity to reset our mindsets and start the new year intentionally with a fresh perspective. One way we can achieve this is through practicing mindfulness. A growing body of research... Read more »