Individual Counseling for Utah Teens in Residential Programs for Troubled Youth is a Cornerstone to Their Recovery.
Teens entering residential programs for troubled youth are often in a vulnerable position where they have to face their issues away from home without the crutch of drugs or other self-harming behaviors. For their treatment to be successful, teens need to connect with caring, knowledgeable staff to create a therapeutic alliance.
As part of Solstice’s comprehensive treatment approach–including group therapy, family therapy, adventure therapy, and focus on academics–individual therapy is a key component to the healing process.
Solstice is private, welcoming community for adolescent girls age 14-18 with emotional and behavioral challenges. The treatment center is based in scenic Utah, and is currently accepting teens from Utah.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential programs for troubled youth is their focus on the importance of individual therapy. As an adolescent in Solstice’s program, your Utah teen will get the following benefits from her primary therapist:
- Individual Attention. Therapists have a caseload of only six students ensuring plenty of interactions with your teen. This is a small caseload compared to other treatment centers.
- Increased access to the therapist. Students receive a minimum of three hours weekly of individual/family therapy.
- Building strong, positive relationships. Therapists are often available outside of therapy time for your teen. They develop strong relationships while on outings, camping trips, recreation activities, or simply having a meal with your teen.
Solstice is committed to hiring the most qualified, caring staff for their team. Each staff undergoes extensive training and continuing professional development to make them highly skilled in the life-changing work they are passionate about.
If you feel your teen would benefit from residential programs for troubled youth, please call us at (866) 278-3345 or learn more about Solstice. Help for your daughter is available and just a call away.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Utah teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Body Image Issues
Utah Teens Enter Residential Programs for Troubled Youth to Cope with Trauma and Grief
Even for the typical teenager, adolescence is a challenging time of personal growth and development. Those teens dealing with trauma, abuse, family dysfunction, and grief have a particularly tough time navigating these years. Since many teens don’t have the resources to deal with these difficult issues on their own, they often turn to drugs, risky behavior, and self harm. Residential programs for troubled youth give Utah teens an opportunity to temporarily get out of their negative environment and learn the skills necessary to cope with life’s challenges.
Solstice is one of the top residential treatment centers for teen girls. Located in Utah, this private, comfortable treatment center helps Utah girls (age 14-18) suffering with mental and emotional challenges. Solstice addresses each individual’s personal struggles and inspires change through developing positive core beliefs.
For decades, Solstice has helped teenage girls and their families struggling with emotional and behavior issues heal and develop positive coping skills. These years of experience allowed Solstice to develop their unique treatment philosophy.
The philosophy consists of five key components:
- People, more than programs, create the most lasting impact.
- Intensive family focus to address the child’s most important emotional connections–family.
- Focus on internal change through value development, rather than external compliance.
- Holistic approaches that address both physical and emotional needs (mind-body connection).
- Female specific interventions; as girls have unique problems and needs.
Solstice hires the most committed, qualified staff and provides intensive training to create quality programming based on their specific treatment philosophy. To learn more about Solstice’s treatment philosophy, click here.
If you feel your Utah teen is in need of residential programs for troubled youth, don’t hesitate to call Solstice at (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls. Recovery for your teen is just a call away.
Resources for Utah Families Seeking Help
Worrywisekids.org is dedicated to educating teens and their families about anxiety. There is plenty of user friendly information about identifying anxiety, effective treatments, and managing anxiety before it takes over your child’s life.
Helpguide.org is a great resource to learn about and help people improve their general well-being. There are may topics on mental health and special articles for parents of troubled teens.
Solstice Helps Families From Utah
Solstice helps Utah families from cities and towns like: Park City Granite Alpine Little Cottonwood Creek Valley Mount Olympus Highland Bluffdale Midway Draper Holladay
Solstice helps Utah families from:
Some examples of cities from Utah which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Salt Lake City West Valley Provo West Jordan Orem Sandy Ogden St. George Layton South Jordan Taylorsville Lehi
- Bullying is a Big Deal: The Lasting Effects of Bullying in TeensBullying goes beyond temporary or short-lived emotional pain. Bullying has serious effects on one’s health. Did you know bullying can cause physical changes in the brain and result in an increased chance of mental illness? It is scary to think that as many as 30 percent of young people are... Read more »
- Risky Teen Behaviors: Differences Between Positive and Negative RisksThe teenage years are the years in which one develops the desire to fit in. This desire may come with a high cost. During the adolescent years, opportunity and risk seem all the more appealing. A maturational imbalance may prevent teens from good decision-making during this period in their lives... Read more »
- Snapchat Addiction: The Darkside of a Popular Worldwide AppSnapchat is just about on every teenager’s smartphone. It’s one of the most used apps in the world, competing with other major companies like Instagram and Facebook. A downside has begun to become apparent, though, as this app continues to increase in popularity: Snapchat addiction. This may be the moment... Read more »