Virginia Teens Enter Residential Programs for Troubled Youth to Cope with Trauma and Grief
Even for the typical teenager, adolescence is a challenging time of personal growth and development. Those teens dealing with trauma, abuse, family dysfunction, and grief have a particularly tough time navigating these years. Since many teens don’t have the resources to deal with these difficult issues on their own, they often turn to drugs, risky behavior, and self harm. Residential programs for troubled youth give Virginia teens an opportunity to temporarily get out of their negative environment and learn the skills necessary to cope with life’s challenges.
Solstice is one of the top residential treatment centers for teen girls. Located in Utah, this private, comfortable treatment center helps Virginia girls and assigned female at birth (age 14-18) suffering with mental and emotional challenges. Solstice addresses each individual’s personal struggles and inspires change through developing positive core beliefs.
For decades, Solstice has helped teenage girls and assigned female at birth and their families struggling with emotional and behavior issues heal and develop positive coping skills. These years of experience allowed Solstice to develop their unique treatment philosophy.
The philosophy consists of five key components:
- People, more than programs, create the most lasting impact.
- Intensive family focus to address the child’s most important emotional connections–family.
- Focus on internal change through value development, rather than external compliance.
- Holistic approaches that address both physical and emotional needs (mind-body connection).
- Female and assigned female at birth specific interventions; as girls and assigned female at birth have unique problems and needs.
Solstice hires the most committed, qualified staff and provides intensive training to create quality programming based on their specific treatment philosophy. To learn more about Solstice’s treatment philosophy, click here.
If you feel your Virginia teen is in need of residential programs for troubled youth, don’t hesitate to call Solstice at (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s program for teen girls. Recovery for your teen is just a call away.
Individual Counseling for Virginia Teens in Residential Programs for Troubled Youth is a Cornerstone to Their Recovery.
Teens entering residential programs for troubled youth are often in a vulnerable position where they have to face their issues away from home without the crutch of drugs or other self-harming behaviors. For their treatment to be successful, teens need to connect with caring, knowledgeable staff to create a therapeutic alliance.
As part of Solstice’s comprehensive treatment approach–including group therapy, family therapy, adventure therapy, and focus on academics–individual therapy is a key component to the healing process.
Solstice is private, welcoming community for adolescent girls and assigned female at birth age 14-18 with emotional and behavioral challenges. The treatment center is based in scenic Utah, and is currently accepting teens from Virginia.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential programs for troubled youth is their focus on the importance of individual therapy. As an adolescent in Solstice’s program, your Virginia teen will get the following benefits from their primary therapist:
- Individual Attention. Therapists have a caseload of only six students ensuring plenty of interactions with your teen. This is a small caseload compared to other treatment centers.
- Increased access to the therapist. Students receive a minimum of three hours weekly of individual/family therapy.
- Building strong, positive relationships. Therapists are often available outside of therapy time for your teen. They develop strong relationships while on outings, camping trips, recreation activities, or simply having a meal with your teen.
Solstice is committed to hiring the most qualified, caring staff for their team. Each staff undergoes extensive training and continuing professional development to make them highly skilled in the life-changing work they are passionate about.
If you feel your teen would benefit from residential programs for troubled youth, please call us at (866) 278-3345 or learn more about Solstice. Help for your child is available and just a call away.
Resources for Virginia Families Seeking Help
Understood.org is a collaboration of 15 nonprofit organizations to support children with learning and attention issues and their families. Using technology, access to experts, and personalized resources, they give parents to tools to unlock their child’s potential.
Worrywisekids.org is dedicated to educating teens and their families about anxiety. There is plenty of user friendly information about identifying anxiety, effective treatments, and managing anxiety before it takes over your child’s life.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Virginia teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Social Isolation
– Grief and Loss
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Solstice Helps Families From Virginia
Solstice helps Virginia families from cities and towns like: Great Falls Mc Lean Dunn Loring Oakton Vienna Waterford Fort Hunt Clifton Arlington Middleburg
Solstice helps Virginia families from:
Some examples of cities from Virginia which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Virginia Beach Norfolk Chesapeake Richmond Newport News Alexandria Hampton Roanoke Portsmouth Suffolk Lynchburg Harrisonburg
- Therapy for Adopted KidsEvery adopted child is unique and has the potential to flourish in a loving home. However, because of the nature of adoption, there are several potential challenges that many adoptive parents will need to be prepared to confront. These include the aftereffects of trauma or neglect, feelings of abandonment, questions... Read more »
- Suicidal Ideation in Teens: Knowing the SignsThe adolescent years can be especially challenging for teens. Their bodies are changing at a rapid rate and they have to deal with new emotional behaviors as their brains continue to develop. In addition to the physical and mental changes, they are also experiencing changes in peer dynamics. Friendships may... Read more »
- Does Smartphone Addiction Lead to Depression or Vice Versa?For many teen girls a typical day looks something like this: wake up, roll over and check her phone, scroll through social media while she’s getting ready for school, text friends on their way to class, check out some TikTok videos during lunch break, catch up on anything she missed... Read more »