Residential Treatment Centers for Teens May Be the Answer for Your New Mexico Teen’s Emotional Struggles.
Teens having significant trouble navigating through adolescence may not have the resources to cope with their challenges. Emotional issues like depression, anxiety, trauma, and grief are complex issues that, left untreated, could lead to destructive and self-harming behaviors. Teens engaged in impulsive behaviors, drug abuse, and defiance often don’t have the tools to self-correct their negative habits. Professional intervention is necessary to start teens on the path to recovery.
When parents have exhausted their local treatment options, residential treatment centers for teens may be the answer. When teens are enrolled in residential facilities, they have the opportunity to learn and grow outside of their stressful environment. Expert staff ensure a stable, nurturing setting where individualized therapy combines with positive peer support.
Solstice is one of the leading residential treatment centers for teens. Based in Utah, Solstice is currently accepting teen girls and assigned female at birth from New Mexico.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential facilities is a proven treatment philosophy developed over decades of helping young people address their emotional needs. The philosophy has five key components to creating successful, permanent change:
- People, more than programs, create a lasting impact.
- Intensive family focus helps restore emotional connections with the teen’s family.
- Focusing on internal change and value development rather than external compliance.
- Using holistic approaches to address physical and emotional needs.
- Female and assigned female at birth focused interventions to address girls and assigned female at birth unique problems and needs.
Solstice’s inviting, comfortable setting allows teenage girls and assigned female at birth to follow a path of self-healing and reflection. Trained, caring staff utilize a variety of interventions including individual, group, family, and adventure therapy. Small caseloads and groups ensure your child receives plenty of individualized attention. Psychiatric and academic support is also available to help your child in all areas of their life.
If you believe your New Mexico teen may benefit from Solstice’s comprehensive, holistic programming, please call (866) 278-3345 to speak with a knowledgeable intake counselor. Learn more how Solstice can help your child succeed.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps New Mexico teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Eating Disorders
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Self Harm
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Body Image Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Trauma and PTSD
– Family Dysfunction
– Impulsive Behaviors
– Social Isolation
Residential Treatment Centers for Teens Help New Mexico Youth and Their Families Transform
The key to successful residential treatment centers for teens is providing effective therapy and learning experiences to create lasting change. Solstice, one of the leading residential treatment centers for teens, knows each teen is on a unique transformative journey. Based in Utah, Solstice’s holistic, therapeutic environment has helped teen girls and assigned female at birth create lasting change for decades.
Solstice believes each teen has the potential to become a hero. Through intensive family, individual, group, experiential, and academic therapy, Solstice helps teens on their Hero’s Journey. This Journey is a process comprised of six stages:
The first stage invites your child to leave the known world of their struggles and experience something new. They takes the first brave step towards transformation.
Once your child embraces the idea of change, they encounters a new culture with different rules, expectations, and relationships. During the threshold stage your child is paired with a guardian to provide support on their new adventure.
As the threshold is crossed, your child will be initiated with new challenges and obstacles. These tasks are designed specifically for your daughter’s needs. Supportive mentors help your child in this stage as they learns new skills and gains confidence.
By working through the challenges of the initiation stage, your child comes out of the darkness of their past into a realization their old patterns of living are no longer relevant. Her new skills and strengths transform the way they lives their life.
Through your daughter’s self discovery, they learns fear, ignorance, and irresponsibility must be replaced with wisdom, love, and interdependence. The issues causing their pain in the past have been addressed and they are prepared to move on.
At this final phase, your child prepares to return home with their newly developed skills and confidence. They have found transformation. With the transition and family therapy resources provided along the way, your family has the skills to create a structured, supportive environment at home in New Mexico.
Solstice believes your child is a hero just starting their journey. Contact a knowledgeable intake counselor at (866) 278-3345 so they could take their first steps. Learn more about the Hero’s Journey.
Resources for New Mexico Families Seeking Help
Anxiety is the number one health problem facing children and adolescents today. Worry Wise Kids.org is a website devoted to helping children with anxiety and their families. There is plenty of user-friendly information about identifying symptoms, effective treatments, and tips for preventing anxiety in a child’s life.
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network is dedicated to helping parents and caregivers assist children and teenagers recover from traumatic events. There is information specifically designed for parents, adoptive and foster parents, grandparents, and caregivers. The site will help you define trauma, learn signs and symptoms, and give suggestions for ways to cope and places to find help.
Solstice helps New Mexico families from:
Some examples of cities from New Mexico which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Albuquerque Las Cruces Rio Rancho Santa Fe Lamy
Solstice Helps Families From New Mexico
- Top 5 Reasons Teens Benefit from RTCsAdolescence is a challenging time for most teens. Their bodies and hormones are rapidly changing, and even their brains are going through new development. There is also the additional challenge of changing social dynamics as friendships begin to hold more importance than family relationships. Young women are beginning to figure... Read more »
- Does Smartphone Addiction Lead to Depression or Vice Versa?For many teen girls a typical day looks something like this: wake up, roll over and check her phone, scroll through social media while she’s getting ready for school, text friends on their way to class, check out some TikTok videos during lunch break, catch up on anything she missed... Read more »
- Suicidal Ideation in Teens: Knowing the SignsThe adolescent years can be especially challenging for teens. Their bodies are changing at a rapid rate and they have to deal with new emotional behaviors as their brains continue to develop. In addition to the physical and mental changes, they are also experiencing changes in peer dynamics. Friendships may... Read more »