Residential Treatment Centers for Teens May Be the Answer for Your Wisconsin Teen’s Emotional Struggles.
Teens having significant trouble navigating through adolescence may not have the resources to cope with their challenges. Emotional issues like depression, anxiety, trauma, and grief are complex issues that, left untreated, could lead to destructive and self-harming behaviors. Teens engaged in impulsive behaviors, drug abuse, and defiance often don’t have the tools to self-correct their negative habits. Professional intervention is necessary to start teens on the path to recovery.
When parents have exhausted their local treatment options, residential treatment centers for teens may be the answer. When teens are enrolled in residential facilities, they have the opportunity to learn and grow outside of their stressful environment. Expert staff ensure a stable, nurturing setting where individualized therapy combines with positive peer support.
Solstice is one of the leading residential treatment centers for teens. Based in Utah, Solstice is currently accepting teen girls and assigned female at birth from Wisconsin.
What sets Solstice apart from other residential facilities is a proven treatment philosophy developed over decades of helping young people address their emotional needs. The philosophy has five key components to creating successful, permanent change:
- People, more than programs, create a lasting impact.
- Intensive family focus helps restore emotional connections with the teen’s family.
- Focusing on internal change and value development rather than external compliance.
- Using holistic approaches to address physical and emotional needs.
- Female and assigned female at birth focused interventions to address girls and assigned female at birth unique problems and needs.
Solstice’s inviting, comfortable setting allows teenage girls and assigned female at birth to follow a path of self-healing and reflection. Trained, caring staff utilize a variety of interventions including individual, group, family, and adventure therapy. Small caseloads and groups ensure your child receives plenty of individualized attention. Psychiatric and academic support is also available to help your child in all areas of their life.
If you believe your Wisconsin teen may benefit from Solstice’s comprehensive, holistic programming, please call (866) 278-3345 to speak with a knowledgeable intake counselor. Learn more how Solstice can help your child succeed.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Wisconsin teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Impulsive Behaviors
– Body Image Issues
– Self Harm
– Eating Disorders
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Trauma and PTSD
Wisconsin Parents Seek the Best Residential Treatment Centers for Teens
As a parent of a teen challenged with significant emotional and/or behavior issues, you probably have many questions and concerns about finding the best residential treatment centers for teens. You want to make sure your teen is in a safe environment that fosters positive values and lasting change. A quick internet search yields an overwhelming list of options. How could you ensure you’re making the best decision for your struggling teen?
As one of the best residential treatment centers for teens, Solstice has helped teen girls and assigned female at birth for decades. Their proven track record based around a carefully developed treatment philosophy creates a therapeutic culture. Caring staff and other teens with similar struggles develop positive relationships with your daughter. These relationships are the cornerstone of your teen’s successful recovery.
Solstice provides a safe, structured environment where you child will be challenged to identify their core beliefs and nurture positive values like love, responsibility, and self-acceptance.
In Solstice’s program, your Wisconsin teen is an individual. Expert staff create a holistic treatment plan specifically designed for your daughter’s unique needs. Small classes and therapy groups give their an opportunity to be heard and share experiences with others. Teens are paired with primary therapists with small caseloads. In addition to regular therapy groups, the therapist also has many opportunities to interact with your child during meals, outings, and team building activities to help build a therapeutic rapport.
The beautiful campus is located in Utah with scenic views of the Wasatch Mountains. This area gives your child unique experiential therapy options like rock climbing, white water rafting, and adventure camping to integrate therapeutic principles with engaging activities.
Solstice is currently accepting teens from Wisconsin, so please don’t hesitate to speak with a knowledgeable intake counselor by calling (866) 278-3345. Learn more about Solstice’s holistic therapy approach to help your child grow and succeed.
Resources for Wisconsin Families Seeking Help
Mindcheck.ca is a resource to help teens struggling with depression and substance abuse. The site offers many interactive quizzes to help teens process why they feel the way they do. There is also a section for teens to share their stories, thoughts, and creations. In addition to helping teens, Mindcheck has sections for families, caregivers, and teens who have friends struggling with mental illness.
Parenting Magazine features an article about the twelve basic life skills every kid should know by high school. It discusses overparenting and how to teach your child the skills necessary so they will become independent young adults. Some of these are simple skills while others, like advocating for themselves, require more effort. It is a good starting point for parents with many other resources available on the site.
Solstice helps Wisconsin families from:
Some examples of cities from Wisconsin which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Milwaukee Madison Green Bay Kenosha Racine Appleton Waukesha Eau Claire Oshkosh Janesville West Allis La Crosse
Solstice Helps Families From Wisconsin
- Suicidal Ideation in Teens: Knowing the SignsThe adolescent years can be especially challenging for teens. Their bodies are changing at a rapid rate and they have to deal with new emotional behaviors as their brains continue to develop. In addition to the physical and mental changes, they are also experiencing changes in peer dynamics. Friendships may... Read more »
- Shyness or Social Anxiety in Teens? Symptoms and TriggersAdolescence is filled with new experiences and challenges. Teen girls are going through physical and emotional changes and puberty starts and social dynamics begin to shift. With all these changes, it is easy to see how young women may feel uncomfortable or shy in these new situations. Friend groups may... Read more »
- Starting the New Year Strong: Mindfulness Practices for A Fresh StartAfter all of the challenges, heartache, and nonstop stream of negativity that 2020 brought to our world, 2021 presents an opportunity to reset our mindsets and start the new year intentionally with a fresh perspective. One way we can achieve this is through practicing mindfulness. A growing body of research... Read more »