Lasting Change at Solstice RTC: Alternative to Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Choosing Solstice RTC over therapeutic boarding schools which help Hawaii teens might be the best option for your daughter. Our program is at the cutting edge of therapeutic treatment for individuals struggling with trauma and behaviors related to trauma.
Solstice RTC is specifically designed to address the needs of teen girls and assigned female at birth ages 14-18. Therapeutic, academic, and residential staff have many years of training and experience working with this age group.
Our program is located in Utah, but we help teens and families from all over the US, including Hawaii. Sending your child away from home to receive treatment may be the best thing for their and for the rest of your family. Her time away will give their the space and time to focus on the changes they needs to make.
How is Solstice Unique?
Unlike other residential treatment centers, we emphasize a mind-body connection and take a holistic approach to therapy. Here are some other ways Solstice is unique:
Emphasis on family: Our family-based interventions are a crucial part of the overall therapeutic journey at Solstice. Research has shown that family involvement within residential treatment is a significant factor in producing positive long term outcomes.
Focus on physical fitness and nutrition: In order for the mind to be healthy, the body must be healthy as well. Students engage in regular workout classes and participate in nutrition classes to learn how to eat healthier.
College Preparatory academics: Our accredited academic program helps meet students where they are in school. We develop individualized academic plans for each student to meet their unique needs.
To learn more about the ways our residential treatment center can help your daughter, please call (866) 278-3345.
Why Choose Solstice Over Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Hawaii Teens?
Parents looking at therapeutic boarding schools for their Hawaii teen might want to consider Solstice as an option. Solstice, a widely recognized residential treatment center for teen girls and assigned female at birth ages 14-18, is an effective alternative to therapeutic boarding schools. Our program incorporates traditional and holistic approaches to helping girls and assigned female at birth in this age group. We specialize in helping teens who have struggled with trauma in the past.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help families from all over the United States including Hawaii.
Our effective therapeutic program focuses on three pillars of change. These pillars include:
- Relationship Based Approach: We believe that helping girls and assigned female at birth establish positive relationships with peers, mentors, and family members is key to their success. The nurturing therapeutic culture on campus helps promote the development of healthy relationships.
- Principle Driven: At Solstice, we help girls and assigned female at birth develop their own principles which guide them towards positive change. Instead of using compliance or fear of punishment, we help reshape the values of girls and assigned female at birth from the inside out.
- Experiential Activities: While we do plenty of talk therapy at Solstice, we emphasize important therapeutic principles and ideas through therapeutic activities known as experiential therapy. Equine therapy, experiential groups, recreation, adventure therapy, community service activities and other interventions are used to teach and reinforce important ideas that contribute to the growth and healing process.
Solstice is privately owned and operated by a team of people who have dedicated their lives to the success of teens and their families. We believe having owners in the program on campus with the students creates a more powerful, effective, and personal experience.
We are here to help families. We can help yours, too.
Resources for Hawaii Families Seeking Help
HelpGuide.org A website covering mental health problems that can develop throughout life, HelpGuide.org has a specialized section for teen problems. It offers invaluable resources on recognizing mental health problems and finding ways to deal with them.
ADHD in Teenagers: An article about what ADHD is it’s causes and what we can do about it, by the Child Mind Institute an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Hawaii teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Self Harm
– Disordered Eating
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Social Isolation
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Solstice helps Hawaii families from:
Some examples of cities from Hawaii which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Honolulu Kilauea Haleiwa Kailua Puako
Solstice Helps Families From Hawaii
- Bullying is a Big Deal: The Lasting Effects of Bullying in TeensDuring the teen years, friendships and peer relationships begin to feel more important to young adults than their family relationships. While this is a normal part of becoming more independent, it does mean that these teens are experiencing increased opportunities for bullying. Social dynamics are beginning to shift at school... Read more »
- Shyness or Social Anxiety in Teens? Symptoms and TriggersAdolescence is filled with new experiences and challenges. Teen girls are going through physical and emotional changes and puberty starts and social dynamics begin to shift. With all these changes, it is easy to see how young women may feel uncomfortable or shy in these new situations. Friend groups may... Read more »
- Putting the Pieces Back Together: Helping Your Child through the Effects of Trauma in TeensChildhood is arguably the most impactful stage in one’s life. Early interactions and experiences help to shape the brains of young children. Building a healthy brain early on in a child’s life is important because it provides a strong foundation and increases the likelihood of a positive adulthood experience. However... Read more »