Lasting Change at Solstice RTC: Alternative to Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Choosing Solstice RTC over therapeutic boarding schools which help Minnesota teens might be the best option for your daughter. Our program is at the cutting edge of therapeutic treatment for individuals struggling with trauma and behaviors related to trauma.
Solstice RTC is specifically designed to address the needs of teen girls and assigned female at birth ages 14-18. Therapeutic, academic, and residential staff have many years of training and experience working with this age group.
Our program is located in Utah, but we help teens and families from all over the US, including Minnesota. Sending your child away from home to receive treatment may be the best thing for their and for the rest of your family. Her time away will give their the space and time to focus on the changes they needs to make.
How is Solstice Unique?
Unlike other residential treatment centers, we emphasize a mind-body connection and take a holistic approach to therapy. Here are some other ways Solstice is unique:
Emphasis on family: Our family-based interventions are a crucial part of the overall therapeutic journey at Solstice. Research has shown that family involvement within residential treatment is a significant factor in producing positive long term outcomes.
Focus on physical fitness and nutrition: In order for the mind to be healthy, the body must be healthy as well. Students engage in regular workout classes and participate in nutrition classes to learn how to eat healthier.
College Preparatory academics: Our accredited academic program helps meet students where they are in school. We develop individualized academic plans for each student to meet their unique needs.
To learn more about the ways our residential treatment center can help your daughter, please call (866) 278-3345.
Alternative to Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls and assigned female at birth From Minnesota
Solstice, an alternative to therapeutic boarding schools for girls, is an accredited residential treatment center which helps teen girls and assigned female at birth from Minnesota and all over the United States. Our program specializes in helping teens who have struggled in the past with emotional and behavioral challenges stemming from traumatic events in their lives. Our clinical staff has undergone extensive training in trauma-focused therapeutic techniques such as:
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help families from all over the United States including Minnesota.
Over the years, we have developed a constantly evolving philosophy based on the specific needs of our students.
Our philosophy towards helping teen girls and assigned female at birth and their families includes five key components. These components are:
- Focus on people: Unlike many therapeutic boarding schools, Solstice is highly individualized. We focus on providing the best therapeutic care possible for each student. We believe that people more than programs create a lasting impact.
- Family focused programming: At the heart of our program, we want families to come together and reconnect. Your connection with your child is one of the strongest, most important relationships they will have. We work closely with families to make this relationship strong and trusting.
- Internal change: At Solstice, teen girls and assigned female at birth are encouraged to explore what matters to them. Rather than focusing on compliance and external changes, we help girls and assigned female at birth create lasting change from the inside out.
- Mind-body connection: Our holistic approach to therapy focuses on treating the entire individual rather than just problem areas. The problem behaviors are most often symptoms of more significant core issues. The primary goal of our therapy for girls and assigned female at birth is to access those core issues so genuine healing can occur.
- Girls-only approach: We focus specifically on females and assigned female at birth between the ages of 14 and 18. Our therapeutic and academic approaches are tailored to the specific developmental needs of this age and gender group.
Resources for Minnesota Families Seeking Help
Mirror-Mirror: A practical guide about the most common eating disorders to provide information, education, and support to the community, including people dealing with eating disorders themselves and loved ones that want to support friends or family members with eating disorders.
Advocates for Youth: This website is geared toward both young adults and their families. With numerous articles on topics that are of interest to every young person, Advocated for Youth can provide you with additional information on the challenges young people are facing today.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Minnesota teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Self Harm
Solstice helps Minnesota families from:
Some examples of cities from Minnesota which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Minneapolis St. Paul Rochester Bloomington Duluth Brooklyn Park Plymouth Maple Grove Woodbury St. Cloud Eagan Eden Prairie Coon Rapids Burnsville Blaine Lakeville Minnetonka Apple Valley
Solstice Helps Families From Minnesota
- Starting the New Year Strong: Mindfulness Practices for A Fresh StartAfter all of the challenges, heartache, and nonstop stream of negativity that 2020 brought to our world, 2021 presents an opportunity to reset our mindsets and start the new year intentionally with a fresh perspective. One way we can achieve this is through practicing mindfulness. A growing body of research... Read more »
- Shyness or Social Anxiety in Teens? Symptoms and TriggersAdolescence is filled with new experiences and challenges. Teen girls are going through physical and emotional changes and puberty starts and social dynamics begin to shift. With all these changes, it is easy to see how young women may feel uncomfortable or shy in these new situations. Friend groups may... Read more »
- Top 5 Reasons Teens Benefit from RTCsAdolescence is a challenging time for most teens. Their bodies and hormones are rapidly changing, and even their brains are going through new development. There is also the additional challenge of changing social dynamics as friendships begin to hold more importance than family relationships. Young women are beginning to figure... Read more »