Therapeutic Boarding Schools for Teen Girls and assigned female at birth From Texas vs. Residential Treatment Centers
Therapeutic boarding schools can be an effective solution for families not in need of an advanced amount of therapeutic support. Solstice, a residential treatment center which help teen girls and assigned female at birth from Texas and all over the United States achieve lasting success. Unlike therapeutic boarding schools, we only hire highly trained clinical experts to help students on their journey towards healing and personal growth.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help families from all over the United States including Texas.
Our program is located in Layton, Utah which is just 45 minutes outside of Salt Lake City. Our proximity to a major US city and some of the country’s most beautiful landscapes provides ample opportunity for therapeutic adventure programming and service opportunities.
Solstice specializes in helping girls and assigned female at birth overcome emotional and behavioral challenges related to trauma. Recent research has shown that trauma can span from what we call Big T traumas which are catastrophic events like car accidents and abuse to little t traumas which include bullying and parental divorce.
Both Big T Traumas and little t traumas can have a major impact on your daughter’s mental health. Our staff are trained to address these traumas through trauma-focused therapeutic programming including:
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
Individualized Academic Programming Encourages Student Success
At Solstice, we strive to meet students where they are at in the academic process. Students come to us for various challenges that may have impacted their overall academic performance. Our academic program tailors programming to the needs of each individual student. Our goal is to provide a traditional, challenging academic environment that maintains a strong college preparatory curriculum while still addressing the specific needs of students.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Texas teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Isolation
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
Lasting Change at Solstice RTC: Alternative to Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Choosing Solstice RTC over therapeutic boarding schools which help Texas teens might be the best option for your daughter. Our program is at the cutting edge of therapeutic treatment for individuals struggling with trauma and behaviors related to trauma.
Solstice RTC is specifically designed to address the needs of teen girls and assigned female at birth ages 14-18. Therapeutic, academic, and residential staff have many years of training and experience working with this age group.
Our program is located in Utah, but we help teens and families from all over the US, including Texas. Sending your child away from home to receive treatment may be the best thing for their and for the rest of your family. Her time away will give their the space and time to focus on the changes they needs to make.
How is Solstice Unique?
Unlike other residential treatment centers, we emphasize a mind-body connection and take a holistic approach to therapy. Here are some other ways Solstice is unique:
Emphasis on family: Our family-based interventions are a crucial part of the overall therapeutic journey at Solstice. Research has shown that family involvement within residential treatment is a significant factor in producing positive long term outcomes.
Focus on physical fitness and nutrition: In order for the mind to be healthy, the body must be healthy as well. Students engage in regular workout classes and participate in nutrition classes to learn how to eat healthier.
College Preparatory academics: Our accredited academic program helps meet students where they are in school. We develop individualized academic plans for each student to meet their unique needs.
To learn more about the ways our residential treatment center can help your daughter, please call (866) 278-3345.
Resources for Texas Families Seeking Help
Teen Girls and assigned female at birth Self-Esteem: This is a list of articles from the Huffington Post relating to self-esteem problems in girls, and young women, how the modern world has changed the way young person relate to their bodies and self-image.
Advocates for Youth This website is geared toward both young adults and their families. With numerous articles on topics that are of interest to every young person, Advocated for Youth can provide you with additional information on the challenges young people are facing today.
Solstice helps Texas families from:
Some examples of cities from Texas which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Houston San Antonio Dallas Austin Fort Worth El Paso Arlington Corpus Christi Plano Laredo Lubbock Garland Irving Amarillo Grand Prairie Brownsville McKinney Pasadena Frisco Mesquite McAllen Killeen Waco Carrollton Denton Midland Abilene Beaumont Odessa Round Rock Richardson Wichita Falls College Station Pearland Lewisville Tyler San Angelo League Allen Sugar Land Edinburg Mission Longview Bryan Baytown Pharr Missouri Temple Flower Mound town North Richland Hills New Braunfels Victoria Harlingen Conroe Cedar Park Mansfield Georgetown San Marcos Rowlett Pflugerville Port Arthur Euless DeSoto Grapevine
Solstice Helps Families From Texas
Solstice helps Texas families from cities and towns like: Hunters Creek Village Highland Park Bunker Hill Village University Park Rollingwood Hedwig Village West University Place West Lake Hills Olmos Park Lost Creek
- The Therapy that Works: Trauma Focused Therapy for TeensTrauma-focused therapy is a distinct approach to general therapy. It distinguishes and underlines the understanding of how a traumatic experience can impact a child’s mental, behavioral, and physical well-being. Sessions are used for understanding the association between the circumstances and the child’s responses and resulting behavioral changes. The objective of... Read more »
- Putting the Pieces Back Together: Helping Your Child through the Effects of Trauma in TeensChildhood is arguably the most impactful stage in one’s life. Early interactions and experiences help to shape the brains of young children. Building a healthy brain early on in a child’s life is important because it provides a strong foundation and increases the likelihood of a positive adulthood experience. However... Read more »
- Top 5 Reasons Teens Benefit from RTCsAdolescence is a challenging time for most teens. Their bodies and hormones are rapidly changing, and even their brains are going through new development. There is also the additional challenge of changing social dynamics as friendships begin to hold more importance than family relationships. Young women are beginning to figure... Read more »