Lasting Change at Solstice RTC: Alternative to Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Choosing Solstice RTC over therapeutic boarding schools which help Washington teens might be the best option for your daughter. Our program is at the cutting edge of therapeutic treatment for individuals struggling with trauma and behaviors related to trauma.
Solstice RTC is specifically designed to address the needs of teen girls and assigned female at birth ages 14-18. Therapeutic, academic, and residential staff have many years of training and experience working with this age group.
Our program is located in Utah, but we help teens and families from all over the US, including Washington. Sending your child away from home to receive treatment may be the best thing for their and for the rest of your family. Her time away will give their the space and time to focus on the changes they needs to make.
How is Solstice Unique?
Unlike other residential treatment centers, we emphasize a mind-body connection and take a holistic approach to therapy. Here are some other ways Solstice is unique:
Emphasis on family: Our family-based interventions are a crucial part of the overall therapeutic journey at Solstice. Research has shown that family involvement within residential treatment is a significant factor in producing positive long term outcomes.
Focus on physical fitness and nutrition: In order for the mind to be healthy, the body must be healthy as well. Students engage in regular workout classes and participate in nutrition classes to learn how to eat healthier.
College Preparatory academics: Our accredited academic program helps meet students where they are in school. We develop individualized academic plans for each student to meet their unique needs.
To learn more about the ways our residential treatment center can help your daughter, please call (866) 278-3345.
Therapeutic Boarding Schools for Teen Girls and assigned female at birth From Washington vs. Residential Treatment Centers
Therapeutic boarding schools can be an effective solution for families not in need of an advanced amount of therapeutic support. Solstice, a residential treatment center which help teen girls and assigned female at birth from Washington and all over the United States achieve lasting success. Unlike therapeutic boarding schools, we only hire highly trained clinical experts to help students on their journey towards healing and personal growth.
Solstice is located in Utah, but we help families from all over the United States including Washington.
Our program is located in Layton, Utah which is just 45 minutes outside of Salt Lake City. Our proximity to a major US city and some of the country’s most beautiful landscapes provides ample opportunity for therapeutic adventure programming and service opportunities.
Solstice specializes in helping girls and assigned female at birth overcome emotional and behavioral challenges related to trauma. Recent research has shown that trauma can span from what we call Big T traumas which are catastrophic events like car accidents and abuse to little t traumas which include bullying and parental divorce.
Both Big T Traumas and little t traumas can have a major impact on your daughter’s mental health. Our staff are trained to address these traumas through trauma-focused therapeutic programming including:
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
Individualized Academic Programming Encourages Student Success
At Solstice, we strive to meet students where they are at in the academic process. Students come to us for various challenges that may have impacted their overall academic performance. Our academic program tailors programming to the needs of each individual student. Our goal is to provide a traditional, challenging academic environment that maintains a strong college preparatory curriculum while still addressing the specific needs of students.
Resources for Washington Families Seeking Help
TeenMentalHealth A website created to provide teens and young adults with information on preventing and treating mental health conditions, TeenMentalHealth’s mission is to stress the importance of mental health and ensure that no teen has to go through these kinds of problems alone.
HelpGuide.org A website covering mental health problems that can develop throughout life, HelpGuide.org has a specialized section for teen problems. It offers invaluable resources on recognizing mental health problems and finding ways to deal with them.
Who does Solstice help?
Solstice helps Washington teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Impulse Control
– Family Dysfunction
– Disordered Eating
– Body Image Issues
– Social Isolation
– Self Harm
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Asperger’s Disorder
Solstice helps Washington families from:
Some examples of cities from Washington which may have families who may be interested in Solstice include: Seattle Spokane Tacoma Vancouver Bellevue Kent Everett Renton Federal Way Yakima Spokane Valley Kirkland Bellingham Kennewick Auburn Pasco Marysville Lakewood Redmond Shoreline Richland Sammamish Burien
Solstice Helps Families From Washington
- Starting the New Year Strong: Mindfulness Practices for A Fresh StartAfter all of the challenges, heartache, and nonstop stream of negativity that 2020 brought to our world, 2021 presents an opportunity to reset our mindsets and start the new year intentionally with a fresh perspective. One way we can achieve this is through practicing mindfulness. A growing body of research... Read more »
- Overcoming Shame: How to Accept Your PastShame is a complicated emotion and one we all have dealt with at one time or another. Shame comes from feeling powerless and frustrated. For people who experience shame linked to trauma, it is a continued shock at the realization that this terrible thing actually happened to them. Sometimes, people... Read more »
- Therapy for Adopted KidsEvery adopted child is unique and has the potential to flourish in a loving home. However, because of the nature of adoption, there are several potential challenges that many adoptive parents will need to be prepared to confront. These include the aftereffects of trauma or neglect, feelings of abandonment, questions... Read more »